Underground Shift Supervisor
Jobs at:African Underground Mining Services (AUMS)
Deadline of this Job:
14 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
This position is required to coordinate underground mining activities on daily basis for through prioritizing resources, machinery and personnel to achieve targets set out in the mine plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures mining operations are conducted in a safe manner and any safety issues are promptly reported to the Underground Manager and Project Manager;
• Planning daily production levels for the mine;
• Performs the daily management control and supervision of the working areas of the mine in accordance with all relevant Acts and Regulations.
• Oversees the mine and looks after the Principals interest with regard to duty of care to all employees, subcontractors and visitors whilst also ensuring that each employee understands and accepts responsibility for his or her own safety and health and that of their fellow employees;
• Organises and provides guidance to crews at each site in regard to rosters and day to day running of that particular site;
• Conducts daily work planning meetings/toolbox meetings.
• Ensure new staff have been appropriately inducted according to onsite AUMS and client requirements.
• Submits incident reports in writing to the site Project Manager for incidents that occur on shift as soon as possible.
• Oversees the training of shift personnel and to make sure all tasks given are conducted in a safe manner.
• Liaises with any contractors on site, ensuring their work is coordinated with the other mining activities.
• Carries out crew training, (theory and practical assessments as required) to all workers on shift and reviews each employee’s development, mentoring and motivating employees as appropriate.
• Upholds Company policy on discipline and counsel personnel accordingly(ln conjunction with the Site Project Manager).
• Conducts performance appraisals on site personnel as directed and forward these to the Site Project Manager.
• Minimum of 10 years’ Underground experience in a mechanised Hard Rock mining.
• Minimum of 5 years’ in a Supervisory position in a mechanised mining.
• Must hold an Underground Shift Supervisor Certification.
• Management or leadership development training.
• Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License and good driving skills.
• Senior First Aid Certificate;.
• Understanding drilling and blasting techniques;
• Understanding both equipment and human resource capability and productivities;
• Understanding mine plans;
• Understanding mining techniques and ability to optimize mine production.
• Ability to communicate and liaise with both employees and site manager.
• Understanding mining equipment application.
• Ability to identify potential hazards and minimise risks.
• Understanding explosives.
• Understanding appropriate statutory and mining regulations.
• Ability to assess people performance and potential.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th September 2021,18hr00.