African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second-largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, Botswana and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state-of-the-art facilities, equipment, and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Underground Charge Up Operator
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
This position is responsible for carrying out charging of Jumbo development rounds, stripping rounds and longhole stopes in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use of a variety of explosives and initiating systems, depending on drill pattern, rock type and hole dimension;
- Handle and transport explosive material in a safe manner according to procedures;
- Charge up holes, down-holes and development drives;
- Charge Up and fire stope blasts according to blast plan;
- Ensure working area is safe for personnel and equipment to perform duties;
- Liaise with Geologists, Engineers and Shift Supervisors to optimize blast designs;
- Prepping Stope Blast Holes and produce and accurate Stope Prep plan;
- Full understanding of Charge Plans and charge Stopes according to plan;
- Have good communication and written skills.
- 5 years Experience in Production Charging;
- Experience with i-kon Charging and Logging;
- Experience Charging with both Emulsion and Anfo;
- Understanding and ability to conduct Density testing of Emulsion.
- Experience in operating a Normet Charmec LC605 charging unit;
- Sound mechanical knowledge of both the Normet and Hypercharge Unit;
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License;
- Tanzanian Blast Certificate
- A recent Tanzanian police clearance certificate.
- Flexible and willingness to assist with varied tasks and responsibilities;
- Previously employed in an underground Charge-Up role;
- A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th September 2021,18hr00.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! AUMS(T)Limited does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately by calling +255 682 660 123 or+255 682 660 256 or+255 682 660 893.