Technician OP Geotech
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
02 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of the role is to provide assistance in undertaking open pit field support work for geotechnical engineers, ensuring that field data collection and implementation of geotechnical risk mitigation measures meets the required quality and accuracy for assigned open pit mine(s).
• Certificate of secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus a Certificate in Minerals deposits OR Full Technician Certificate in Minerals Deposits, mining Engineering or Diploma in a Geology related field i.e., Minerals Resources Technology from recognized tertiary institute.
• At least 1 - 3 years’ working experience as geotechnical or engineering geology in Underground environment.
Main or key Accountabilities:
• Safety is our first value. Incumbent shall be accountable for assisting in identifying and ranking the risks in a work area and for team
• Geotechnical Logging
• Assist in undertaking timely collection of geotechnical logging data using approved logging methods (e.g. fracture frequency per meter, rock mass characterization, strength testing sampling, major structures) from identified diamond drilling holes.
• Geotechnical Field Mapping
• Assist in undertaking timely collection of geotechnical mapping data using the approved mapping method (e.g., line mapping, Sirovision, major structure mapping) to ensure adequate coverage of critical pit slopes for the assigned open pit mine(s).
• Installation and Maintenance of open pit slope Monitoring Equipment
• Assist with the installation and maintenance of ground stability monitoring instruments (prisms, extensometers, slope stability radars) using approved work methods
• Ensure installation and maintenance is undertake as per schedule and meets the required quality.
• Geotechnical assessment of ground conditions for open pit slopes
• To assist in undertaking routine open pit inspections (bench face, berms, post rain, waste dump, post blast) to ensure potential signs of ground instability are identified in time to protect personnel and equipment.
• Open pit excavations monitoring
• To assist in undertaking supervision of final wall scaling in geotechnically sensitive areas to ensure scaling activities are undertaken safely
• Computer literate – Proficiency in Micro Office products / Basic computer skills specifically MS Excel.
• Able to show in initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with planning and production personnel
• Off Road / mine site driving experience and holder of a Valid Tanzania Driver’s license
• Demonstrable leadership, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working
• Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deriver
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://www.geitamine.com/