Supervisor - CAF Batch Plant (16298)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Supervisor – CAF Batch Plant
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Underground Mine Foreman
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To coordinate activities between the Crusher, Batch and Shotcrete Plants and to supervisor and direct all activities of the Batch and Shotcrete Plants
• A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Ability to drive a manual transmission light vehicle in mining environment
• Mining Supervisor’s certificate / diploma
• Preferably - Diploma in Mining, Construction or Civil Engineering
• A minimum of 3 – 5 years exposure to mining or plant operations.
• Strong supervisory and people skills.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Disciplined and process oriented.
• Knowledge of mining, crushing, and screening principles.
• Must be familiar with mining and environmental regulations as well as material specifications.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Provides direct supervision over the extraction, processing, storage, and shipping of aggregates to point of use and oversee the application of the product underground.
• Plan, order, and monitor inventory needs through frequent coordination with the Supply Chain team.
• Reads specification sheets for defining sizes of aggregates & proportions of cement water required for batch of concrete.
• Ensures extraction, processing, stockpiling, stock-pile reclamation, and re-handling to ensure product remains within target specifications.
• Oversees concrete checks and adjustments made to recipes to ensure quality.
• Oversee the proportioning and mixing of the shotcrete mixture materials and maintaining and cleaning the mixing equipment.
• Coordinate the engagement of CAF Plant activities with underground mining activities to ensure uninterrupted production.
• Monitor and report on quality, identify variances and establish corrective action.
• Monitor costs and report deviations.
• Plan activities in line with the mining monthly forecast
• Oversee the maintain of the plant in accordance with standard guidelines for plant safety, effectiveness and cleanliness and appearance.
• Direct workers in the different sections according to the schedule, KPI’s and deliverables.
• Oversee the testing & auditing to fulfil quality certificates & product compliance.
• Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are always adhered to.
• Ensure MSDS for chemicals used is available at the plant and is communicated and understood to the team.
• OEM plant operation training and certification
• Working at heights training
• Confined space training
• Hazardous chemical awareness training
• Conveyor belt hazard training
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Able to speak and understand English language.
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Good team worker.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Supervisor – CAF Batch Plant”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 16th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=cVqI2jAtuUXaBpxE9UIAB9evRQ3Pepljcq4KsTopnh8%253d