Reporting to: Operations Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In partnership with the senior management team and department directors, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that support and integrate the organization's strategic objectives;
• Develops and implement human resource policies, programs, systems, and practices that build the infrastructure necessary to support and strengthen a diverse,collaborative, and high- performing nonprofit organization;
• Works with senior management team and departmental directors on HR issues, including team building, staff development planning, performance management, conflict resolution and managing organizational change initiatives;
• Supervises and provides consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations.
• Works with Worker's Compensation carrier and/or insurance broker to manage and resolve claim;
• Ensures organization-wide development of staff capacity (leadership,project management, o r g a n i z a t i o n , communication, financial, computer skills, etc.). This also involves insistence on taking organization mandatory courses and any other courses which will add value to staff in pursuit of organization mission.
• Oversees recruitment , on-boarding , retention , training and development , employee relations and separations in accordance with overall objectives of the organization and ensures compliance thereof
• Oversees performance coaching process, including professional development plans Evaluates and consistently advises on Organization-Tanzania's compensation and benefits strategy to recruit and retain the best people,motivate individuals to excel at and enjoy what they do.
• Facilitates meetings,workshops, seminars, etc.(e.g. Personnel actions, regulatory requirements, actions involving outside agencies. etc.) for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations and supporting other staff;
• Manage department operations, the maintenance of services and the implementation of new programs and/or processes for the purpose of providing services including established time-frames and in compliance with related requirements achieving organizational objectives, and ensuring compliance with legal,financial and program requirements;
• Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. staffing, conflicts in policies and regulations, community concerns , staff and partner requests, etc.) for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan;
• Oversees organization’s Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Develops and implement employee wellness and stress reduction programs.
• In close coordination with Contracts, Finance and Accounting team, reviews, as necessary , contracts, subcontracts ,amendments or other legally binding document s to ensure compliance supervision and Support
• Supervises HR and oversee department strategic planning, goal setting and budget;
• Ensures HR policies, programs, systems and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations;
• Participates and present in management meetings including: senior management meetings, business operations reviews, strategic planning sessions and employee forums;
• Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. administrators, auditors, public agencies, community members, etc ) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs;
• Monitors a variety of processes(e.g. posting process,interview schedules, substitute placement, certified and classified placements, personnel transfers ,new employee orientation, departmental procedures, position control, terminal benefit claims, etc. ) for the purpose of ensuring efficient processing of applicants and employees in addressing position requirements and complying with licensing,legal and/or administrative requirements;
• Participates in meetings, workshops, job fairs and seminars for the purpose of conveying and gathering information regarding a wide variety of subjects required to carry out their administrative responsibilities;
• Recommends policies. procedures and/or actions for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the Organization-Tanzania's goals and objectives.
• Responds to written and verbal inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. staffing, conflicts in policies and regulations, community concerns,staff and partner requests etc.) for the purpose of identifying the relevant issues and recommending or implementing a remediation plan;
• Develops and monitor annual departmental budget, goals and objectives and annual operational/ work plan for HR team;
• Ensure accurate and timely processing of HR related transactions;
Required Knowledge, Skills &Abilities
• A minimum of 10+ years of human resource experience in a diverse, high-growth non-profit organizations with at least 7 years progressive management level experience
• Master’s Degree or equivalent, in Human Resources Management and/or Public Administration, (or bachelor’s degree in related field with equivalent HR experience);
• Knowledge of Tanzania labor laws and USG regulations related to labor and Wages, Health and Welfare programs, and wellness programs;
• HR expertise with proficiency in multiple disciplines within HR.
• Strong organizational development,change management, and consultative skills.
• Excellent communication, facilitation skills and impeccable sense of confidentiality.
• Ability to show initiative by tackling complex , enterprise-wide issues
• Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement creative HR solutions that drive organizational-results
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities effectively and balance dynamic personalities
• Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management;
• Knowledge of human resource and project management principles and practices;
• Fluent in both spoken and written English.
• Ability to provide all services with full professional integrity, avoiding all fraudulent and unethical conduct.
Able to travel up to 20%to other Organization-Tanzania work sites in Rukwa,Ruvuma,Dar and Katavi.
This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership and oversight of all Human Resources HR activities. The position plans and implements operational processes and policies in all phases of organizational activities and works cross functionally and collaboratively to assess, anticipate and solve HR related issues across program areas. The position insures the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws (USG and Tanzanian), regulations and implements and evaluates ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities in order to attract, retain and motivate high performing employees. The position also participates as an integral part of senior management teams in reviewing, developing, implementing and evaluating objectives, program plans in relation to policies, procedures and trends In HR management. The position serves as a principle advisor to the Executive Director/Operations Director on HR issues.