Senior Insurance Officer
Jobs at:Dangote Group
Deadline of this Job:
09 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified manufacturing conglomerates. The Group continues to grow its vision of becoming the leading provider of essential needs in Food and Shelter in Sub-Saharan Africa with sustained market leadership in Cement Manufacturing, Sugar Milling, Sugar Refining, Packaging Material Production and Salt Refining.
Upcoming projects include a $12 billion investment in an Oil Refinery, Fertilizer Plant and Petrochemical Complex.
Senior Insurance Officer
Position: Senior Insurance Officer (Cement Industry)
Summary: DCP - Risk ManagementMtwara, Mtwara Region, Tanzania, United Republic ofFull timeTanzaniaRiskManagement001 .
Key DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To liaise with FOS and others for following up of documents related to accident vehicles, 3rd property damage, 3rd party motor vehicle claims, GIT claims, marine claims & timely rescue of accident vehicles.
• To coordinate with insurance agents and insurance companies for claims process and settlement on time.
• To prepare and submit all documents required for processing insurance claims on time.
• To liaise with TANROADS, etc. to ensure trucks are released if it is impounded due to various reason of damage to property by our trucks.
• To maintain complete data of accidents vehicles and timely submission to management.
• To follow up with finance for proper accounting of amounts received from claims.
• Coordinate between workshops, transport & FOS for issues related to missing of accessories during accident or stealing by driver which need to be recovered from all concern on time and follow up with finance for recovery of amount.
• Maintain up-to-date records/files of all insurance policies and ensure prompt renewal
• Preparation of reports like claims and issues during the day on daily, weekly & monthly basis.
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by head of risk
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of Bachelor of Insurance and Risk Management
• Have at least 5 years of working experience in Insurance
• Ability to maintain accurate records and provide regular reports on Insurance claims
• Ability to work under pressure of deadline
• Ability to identify and understand relationship, contracts and pressure affecting others.
• Have ability to negotiate and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable understand and application of insurance principles and processes • Ability to identify and solve problems
• Proficiency in the use of standard MS Officer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) practical knowledge of SAP system will be an advantage
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and Swahili
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://apply.workable.com/dangote/j/AAF1286770/