Safety and Environmental Officer
Jobs at:Cross Community Connect
Deadline of this Job:
28 June 2020
Within Tanzania , Kigoma , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Cross Community Connect (CCC) is a not-for-profit organization based in Kigoma, Tanzania. It was co-founded in 2008 following the 2008 Jane Goodall’s Global Youth Summit. CCC’s mission is to help support deprived communities gain control of their own lives through improved public health, livelihoods, raised quality of education, environmental and human rights advocacies. .
• Providing safety and environmental protection awareness education to site and construction workers within Karema
• Promote and supervise waste management practices in work
• Investigating and documenting accident incidents through incident report forms to identify their causes and find ways to prevent
• Working to prevent injuries for site worker and support provision of appropriate and proper first aid support.
• Assisting a contractor in complying with governmental safety laws for site
• Inspecting workplaces, and minimizing, eliminating and preventing hazardous units such as toxic chemicals, metals and cement
• Supporting health, environmental and social management plan-implementation
• Advising a contractor on how to prevent health problems including using hygienic and sanitary facilities.
• Recommending road signage warning, casting and operational changes to protect workers and users.
• Initiating actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or
• Supervising site workers to ensure that work area is clean, has and is free of debris and spills immediately.
• Execute other duties as assigned and recommended by a
• The Safety and Environmental Officer will prepare incident and monthly reports as appropriately and professionally required.
• Safety and Environmental Officer will be required to adhere and exercise professional conduct to the binding terms of project players and terms of his/her job
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A certificate from accredited Tanzania’s college in environmental management, environmental engineering or related field with at least two years of work
• A diploma holder in environmental management or environmental engineering is
• Proficiency in computer application particularly MS Word, Excel and Google
• Very attentive to
• Very task-oriented and a self-starter.
• Exceptional writing and editing
• Ability to communicate in both English and Swahili in oral and written
• Demonstrated flexibility in functioning in rural environments with poor communication and physical infrastructures.
A successful a candidate will be evaluated based on:
• Ability to complete the above tasks and provided terms timely
• Ability to communicate accomplishments timely as per provisions of job
• Exhibiting reliability and professionalism when communicating with a supervisor CCC management team and players.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Knowledge of, and experience managing, agile product development processes and methods.
• Knowledge of and experience working with WV’s KM platforms (ie. Sharepoint).
• Knowledge of other major languages widely used in the WV Partnership (e.g. Spanish, French).
• Understanding of the World Vision Partnership and how various offices and teams function within the federated network.
• Experience taking evidence from raw state to being curated and turned into products for internal and external use.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For the interested candidates, please, submit your Cover Letter alongside with your most recent and Updated CV/Resume to [email protected] copying [email protected] by June 28, 2020 23:59 hours. Thus, late submissions will not be considered.