Retail Credit Underwriter
Jobs at:Absa Bank
Deadline of this Job:
11 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 29, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group. .
? To undertake a credit risk assessment of all non -scored personal lending requests. The role holder will be require to apply the canons of good lending to each proposition and to make recommendations / modifications to the proposal so the request constitutes an acceptable risk to the Bank.
Key responsibilities and approximate time split:
RISK ASSESSMENT :90%
• Initial check of all applications to ensure that they comply with policy guidelines.
• Maintain a diary system to ensure that conditions of sanction are complied with and reviews are done in a timely manner.
• Analyse customer financial statements and proposition, making recommendations / modifications to the proposal so the request constitutes an acceptable risk to the Bank.
• Monitor workflow.
• Generate limit sheets
• Monitor clearance of excesses
• Contact customers where clarification on the proposal is required. This may take the form of written correspondence or telephone contact(preferably written conrespondence).
• Compilation of various returns, as required, through the assimilation of information available within the RRU.
• General filing
• Adhere to service level agreements.
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Bank Policies and Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Meeting customer needs.
• Personal results.
• Managing relationships.
• Personal Organisation.
• Information gathering.
Skills required to undertake the role:
• Communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Numeracy skills.
• Team worker.
• Analytical skills.
Knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies and/or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
• Basic knowledge of the bank’s customer service standards.
• Good knowledge of the Personal and Business Sector credit policy.
• A good understanding of the bank’s lending policies, principles and procedures.
• A good knowledge of the bank’s lending criteria in the Business and Personal sectors and the products and services relating to them.
• A general knowledge of the International Credit manual, BMIS User manual, Absa loan/Personal Overdraft User manual and Guide to management of risk
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here