Research Assistant Mwanza
Jobs at:KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
02 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) leads the ASCENT (Adherence Support Coalition to End TB) project, a Unitaid-funded 3.5-year project that will implement DAT interventions in five key countries (Ethiopia, the Philippines, South Africa, Tanzania, and Ukraine) in order to enable innovative new patient-centered, optimized TB care pathways for all types of TB (DS-TB, DR-TB, LTBI) and support the growing global momentum towards the use of these technologies. For more information, kindly visit: https://www.digitaladherence.org/ .
As a Research Assistant, you will
• Perform data collection and project site coordination from July 2021 to December 2022, with a possibility of extension in projects sites (health facilities) in Geita & Mwanza;
• Gather and enter data through patient and healthcare worker surveys and interviews regarding the use of various digital adherence technology (DAT) solutions;
• Visit intervention and control facilities within the four regions to collect data from facility TB registers and patient treatment cards into the research database using RedCap;
• Ensure timely, complete, valid, and accurate reporting from all data collection activities using approved reporting formats;
• Coordinate and participate in joint supportive-supervision visits to the study facilities;
• Provide support to facility health care workers in using the ASCENT platform, this will include enrolling and following up patients and implementing differentiated care;
• Ensure study activities are uniformly and correctly applied in intervention facilities as per the approved study protocol;
• Coordinate with stakeholders involved in the research (e.g., regional and district officers, CSO/CBOs, etc.);
• Assist in the analysis of data and writing of research outputs;
• Attend regular team meetings and provide update on the research activities in the respective regions;
• Prepare biweekly progress reports in line with the approved formats.
Knowledge and Experience (minimal qualifications):
• Moderate to strong health or implementation research background;
• Demonstrated experience with field data collection (through surveys or key informant interviews) and/or coordination;
• Moderate proficiency in electronic data entry using electronic platforms (e.g., RedCap, ODK, etc.);
• Beginner to moderate proficiency in using at least one of the following research related software: R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, EpiInfo or MS Excel for quantitative analyses and NVIVO for qualitative analyses;
• Master’s degree (or some units) in a related field;
• Familiarity with pulmonary Tuberculosis and the related DOTS implementation by the National TB Program (NTP);
• Demonstrated experience in writing technical and/or research documents;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili;
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently, both face-to-face and online through the use of mobile/online communication and project management platforms;
• Familiarity with using online communication/collaboration platforms such as the following: MS Teams/Slack, Zoom/Google Meets, Asana/Trello, Miro, or Google Suite;
• Ability to cope with an agile work environment and to organize and prioritize activities;
• Prior training in good clinical practice/health research ethics.
Who are we looking for?
• At least a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification;
• Preferably a graduate of health science courses (e.g., Nursing, Public Health, etc.) or any research-oriented degrees (e.g., Statistics, etc.);
• Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, as long as minimum qualifications are satisfied
Work Hours: 8 Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application and information
You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references, via the link https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies / before 2nd April 2021.
For more information, please contact +255 768 076 810. For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org .