Operator 1 - Dump Truck (16297)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Dump Truck
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Supervisor – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: Eight (8)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is responsible for operating Bell B35L Articulated Dump Truck for the purposes of performing CAF filling operations, to perform preventative and general inspection on equipment, delivering work to plan and ensuring safety processes and practices are followed.
• Candidate MUST have a minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Candidate MUST possess a Valid Tanzanian Driving Licence Class B & D or higher and able to drive in Mining environment
• Basic Numeracy and Verbal / Written English
• Relevant mining qualification certificate will be an added advantage
• Candidate MUST have a minimum of 02 to 03 years’ working experience as a Dump Truck Operator in mining operations, preferably with Bell B35L Articulated Dump Truck, CAT 777D, CAT 785C or higher
• Sound knowledge of underground mining practices
• Must be a safety conscious for him/herself and others.
• Must know how to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Complete daily prestart checklist, greasing and basic maintenance of truck and ancillary equipment
• Drive trucks under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement, and water and start mixer
• At location move leavers on the truck to release concrete down the chute as advised by Spotter.
• Ensure trucks and equipment are cleaned to prevent concrete hardening in the mixer and on the truck
• Take reasonable care to protect his or her health and safety, and that of other persons who may be affected by any act or omission thereof during performance of duty.
• Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member.
• Report faults in equipment timely to supervisor or dispatch.
• Comply with standard Operating Procedures and working Practices.
• Minimize spotting, maneuverings, dumping and refueling times.
• Demonstrate competency in operating modular according to standards.
• Respond to dispatch requests timely.
• Always adhere to production instructions
• Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are always adhered.
• Comply with all applicable AGA policies and procedures, and always, act in accordance with AGA’s values
• Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your supervisor/manager.
• Advising your supervisor/manager if you do not understand the work that he/she has assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
• Advising your supervisor/manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
• Demonstrating work behaviour consistent with the company Values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviour, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
• Identifying, understanding, and addressing safety hazards and risks.
• Demonstrating behaviour that is consistent with the AngloGold Ashanti Safety Vision and Values.
• Collaborating with others in pursuing safety goals.
• Seeking opportunities for learning to improve safety performance.
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• Able to speak and understand English language.
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Good team worker.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision
• Good awareness and abilities to manage safety, health, and environmental requirements in the workplace.
• Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
• Able to apply practical field experience and technical skills.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Dump Truck”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 16th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=cVqI2jAtuUXaBpxE9UIAB9evRQ3Pepljcq4KsTopnh8%253d