Operator 1 - Agi Truck (16278)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Agi Truck
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Supervisor – Underground Mining
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To upload and drive Agi Truck to specified locations and always unload the concrete ensuring safe work practices and maintaining the truck and ancillary equipment.
• Completion of Secondary School Education
• Basic Numeracy and Verbal / Written English
• Heavy Vehicle Driver’s License
• Previous experience as Agi Truck Operator
• Not less than 2 years working in Mining environment.
• Sound knowledge of underground mining practices.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Complete daily prestart checklist, greasing and basic maintenance of truck and ancillary equipment
• Drive trucks under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement, and water and start mixer
• At location move leavers on the truck to release concrete down the chute as advised by Spotter.
• Ensure trucks and equipment are cleaned to prevent concrete hardening in the mixer and on the truck
• Ensure GGM safety standards, policies & procedures are always adhered.
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Willing to learn new skills.
• Able to speak and understand English language.
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Good team worker.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Agi Truck”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 16th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=cVqI2jAtuUXaBpxE9UIAB9evRQ3Pepljcq4KsTopnh8%253d