Operations Assistant (Driver Cum Logistics Assistant)
Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide secure driving services, ensure proper use and maintenance of the RTI international office vehicle(s), assist in providing other related logistics support: facilitating travel, events and shipment to the Regional Office under the supervision of the Administrative Manager. The Operations Assistant will provide operational and logistical support to ensure the smooth implementation of Office activities.
• Drive project/office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project/office business. Maintain complete records of vehicle usage, adhere to Government traffics rules and regulations, and report any issues to the supervisor.
• Conduct regular inspection of vehicle to establish that it is clean, roadworthy, secured, licensed, insured and inspected if required, and all the necessary documentations is retained in the motor vehicle files.
• Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule in liaison with the Administration Manager and submission of the costs for approvals.
• Ensure strict adherence to the rules and regulations provided for in the Vehicle management policy.
• Manage and monitor fuel cards for the Regional Office vehicles, ensure fuel replenishment summary is done in a timely manner and accurate records maintained in liaison with the Administrative Manager.
• Provide monthly reports on vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, repairs, maintenance and keeping an updated vehicle folder and other related logistics files.
• Provide banking and statutory submissions services in liaison with the Finance department.
• Logistics Responsibilities
• Manage and follow up with vendors on the monthly logistics related invoices, providing supporting documentation, preparing the summaries and submission to Administrative Manager for review, approval and processing by the Finance department.
• Assist the Administrative Manager in the management and facilitation of internal and offsite events and meetings for the Dar Office and Project as need arises.
• Provide back up Administrative Manager in providing travel support to RTI’s staff and consultants, arrange airport transfers, air travel bookings, hotel accommodation, TARFs and per diem as required.
• Assist the Administrative Manager in providing support and guidance on visa requirements and application process to travelers.
• Assist the Administrative Manager in booking, tracking international shipments, process IDFs and provide updates as required.
• Receive and record all materials delivered to RTI International stores
• Work with various key staff in coordinating distribution of materials from the store
• Clean and organize assigned store.
• Conduct inventory and prepare reports on monthly basis.
• Building repairs and maintenance
• Conduct daily building inspection to identify any repair issue.
• Report any identified repair issues and ensure that it is fixed within three working days.
• Work with the repairmen and verify once the work is completed
• Record LUKU usage daily and purchase units at the required minimum threshold.
• Always ensure availability of water in the building.
• Ensure that there is always power and coordinate generator back up in case of power cuts.
• Office Equipment
• Assists to oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange with Dar Office and Administrative Manager/IT Manager for their repair and maintenance.
• Work with the repairmen to ensure all repairs and maintenance issues in the building are addressed as soon as possible.
• Cleanliness of the building
• Ensure the assigned area is clean and organized at all times as may be assigned from time to time.
• Ensure the stores are clean and organized at all times.
• Coordinate cleaning by the care takers twice a week as per the contract.
• Provide back up to other Admin staff when out of office.
• Perform other work-related tasks as required.
Required Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma Certificate
• NIT or VETA training
• At least 3 years of professional experience with strong recommendations from previous supervisors.
• Experience in office administration, logistics management, and event/meeting coordination.
• Hard-worker with good interpersonal skills and high-level of integrity.
• Respectful and tolerant; able to work well in a diverse team.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to answer most inquiries and questions independently and follow up on requests in an efficient manner.
• Ability to multi-task and work well with others.
• Fluent speaker of local language. Basic English fluency is preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/operations-assistant-7792?src=JB-10203