National Energy Efficiency Analyst (PO-RALG) – NPSA8
Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The National Energy Efficiency Expert will support the implementation of the project in general and advice on the best opportunities for delivering projects’ outcomes. The Expert will specifically coordinate the implementation of a framework for energy performance certification in large buildings. The Expert will work with work with the President’s Office – Regional Administration an Local Government Authorities (PO-RALG).
Duties and Responsibilities
• The National Energy Efficiency Expert will be responsible for delivering the following tasks:
• Develop and mainstream a regulatory framework for energy efficiency of large buildings into existing regulation, including formulation of Energy Efficient Building Codes (EEBC) and Energy Performance Certification (EPC) scheme.
• Design, organize and implement gender-responsive Capacity Building training activities for: PORALG selected officials; Officials of selected LGAs; Officials of MOE, EWURA and TANESCO; designers, architects, engineers, and high-level institutions of learning.
• Realize EPC for large buildings pilot Projects in selected cities;
• Organization of stakeholders’ consultative workshops where to discuss challenges and strong elements of the EEBC and EPC (at least two in three years).
• Technical advice for the procurement of equipment (hardware and software) for PO-RALG needed for the realization of the Certificates and building certifiers database.
• Provide technical backstopping to experts, consultants and supervise their delivery in line with their contractual agreements and ToRs; ensuring that payments are made accordingly.
• Identify, in a timely manner any problems, needs and opportunities, alert PCU and PMU, undertake appropriate actions within hers/his mandate and possibility, and propose measures to be undertaken at project level.
• Organizing and facilitating meetings, in person, online conference calls and the like.
• organizing and delivering capacity building and knowledge development for effective result deliveries under biannual/annual program plans.
• Maintaining effective project reporting and communication internally and externally inline;
• Prepare and regularly update the Work plan related to the project component and submit it to the project board for approval;
• Monitors project’s progress, measure performance and budget, and prepares progress reports;
• Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
• Institutional Arrangement
• The Expert will be embedded within the President’s Office – Regional Administration an Local Government Authorities (PO-RALG) and will report to the Project Manager and the UNDP Project Focal Point. The Expert will work closely with the rest of the experts and relevant institutions.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Portfolio management
• Ability to select, prioritize and control the organizations programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as usual, while optimizing return on investment.
• Project management
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
• Resource mobilization
• Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
• Operations Management
• Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organizational /project’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
• Result based Management
• Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with project’s strategy and policies.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Required Skills and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Project Management, Energy Planning, Energy Engineering, or related disciplines is required. OR A Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Energy Planning, Energy Engineering, or related disciplines is required.
• Minimum of 0 years (Masters) or 2 years (Bachelor degree) of professional experience in energy-related programmes, project management, monitoring, implementation and evaluation is required;
• Good knowledge of the programming cycle (planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation);
• Political awareness and understanding of socio-economic factors;
• Good knowledge of PC software (including a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office;
• Research and analytical skills;
• Knowledge of methods and techniques for designing and assessing the quality and efficiency of process execution;
• Ability to interpret and work within applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed technical and quantitative analysis;
• Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills;
• Extensive experience in using Microsoft office applications;
• Experience working with UNDP will be an added advantage;
• Ability to manage competing priorities;
• Ability to oversee the work of and provide guidance to staff;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour.
• Language Requirement:
• Excellent command of English and Swahili is a requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3471/?utm_medium=jobshare