National Energy Efficiency Analyst (MOE Awareness Raising) – NPSA8
Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The project is expected to help the country in strengthening Legal, Regulatory, Institutional framework, and administrative actions to support implementation and introduction of Energy Efficiency actions; help large energy consumers and general users to identify and implement quantifiable investments in Energy Efficiency; help in capacity and skills development, jobs creation and increase employability in the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy services and technology sector, particularly for women and youth; and increase public awareness, access to information, stakeholder dialogue and visibility of financial, economic, and societal benefits of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. The awareness for the public and all EE stakeholders is critical component of the success of this project. The National Energy Efficiency Expert – Awareness Raising is expected to work closely with the Project Manager, the Project Coordination Unit at MOE, and the Project Management Unit at the UNDP, as well as national and international technical experts to facilitate the development and implementation of the Awareness Raising Plan for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The National Energy Efficiency Analyst – Awareness Raising will be responsible for delivering the following tasks:
• Design Awareness Raising Plan including conducting opinion research on importers, distributors and retailers of energy consuming appliances and products, on private and public companies management and Assess findings and results of the opinion research.
• Design, develop and implement of Capacity Building Activities for selected personnel of MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, water utilities and other implementing Agencies on how to plan and implement a successful awareness raising campaign on energy efficiency: objectives, compelling messages, optimal channels, targeted audiences, logos, timeline, budget, tone, style, etc;
• Design classroom lessons with best practices description on how to plan, develop and implement a successful awareness raising campaign;
• Identification of the most suitable media and communication tools for disseminating key messages (TV, radio, digital, printed paper, local events, etc.);
• Assessment of the necessity to plan and realize a pilot Project to test the awareness campaign.
• Design, develop and implement awareness raising campaigns on energy efficiency for: general public; private and public companies’ management; government and public institutions Officials; decision makers; import companies, dealers, distributors and retailers of energy consuming products; high school and University students.
• For the general public explaining benefits and opportunities of energy efficiency and educating consumers on the importance of saving energy; special focus should be given to the involvement of women using appliances at home;
• Promotion of women to work for an efficient energy management in private companies;
• For the management of SMEs, industrial companies, large commercial buildings (hotels, office buildings, sports halls, fitness centres, etc.) and public national and local institutions to foster the procurement of energy efficient appliances and devices (workshops, leaflets, articles in industry publications, etc.);
• Promotion of energy efficiency adoption for import-export companies, dealers, distributors, and retailers;
• Promotion of energy efficiency for high school and University students to encourage them to study energy efficiency related matters and start new businesses in areas relevant to energy efficiency development; this campaign should also focus on girls.
• Application of communication channels, tools and media depending on targeted audience, costs, and message in the implementation of previous awareness raising campaigns. These include: TV and radio special programmes (both at national and local levels); Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); Specific web portals; and Blogs; Documentaries for TV and the Internet; TV and radio advertisings.
• Design, develop and implement an “Advisory Service” directed at supporting large energy consumers and SMEs in implementing energy efficiency actions.
• Design, develop and realize an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan” webpage to be embedded in line institutions: MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, REA, etc.
• Disseminate information and realize every year an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan Progress Report”
• Publication of three (once a year) of an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan Progress Report”, including the quantification of the level of energy savings.
• Organization of three (one a year) annual Energy Efficiency Action Plan Conference;
• Organize national and international study tours for Officials of MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, water utilities and other implementing Agencies.
• Institutional Arrangement
• The National Energy Efficiency Expert – Awareness Raising will be embedded within the Ministry of Energy, and will report to the Project Manager and the UNDP Project Focal Point. The Expert will work closely with the rest of the experts and relevant institutions.
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
• Portfolio management
• Ability to select, prioritize and control the organizations programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as usual, while optimizing return on investment.
• Project management
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
• Resource mobilization
• Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
• Operations Management
• Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organizational /project’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
• Result based Management
• Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
• Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with project’s strategy and policies.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
Required Skills and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relation, Awareness raising, Journalism or other relevant is required. OR A Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Public Relation, Awareness raising, Journalism or other relevant is required.
• At least 0 years (Masters) or 2 years (Bachelor Degree) of professional experience in the field of public relations/communication is required;
• At least 2 years of experience in developing awareness raising and training strategies, campaigns, tools and materials. The candidate will be requested to provide relevant samples to verify this requirement;
• At least 2 years of experience in stages of activity planning and implementation of public relations and/or awareness raising campaigns in international donor funded projects/organizations;
• Experience in awareness raising and training in the field of energy, environment, climate change, disaster risk management, is an asset;
• Experience in training of trainers will be an asset;
• Experience in developing social media accounts/website of public or private institution/international organization/corporations will be an asset;
• Ability to manage competing priorities;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour;
• Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
• Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
• Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
• Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
• Ability to work as a part of a team, sharing information and coordinating efforts within the team;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Very good inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to engage and work with local communities;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Full computer literacy;
• Exceptional ability in communication and networking, negotiations and mediation.
• Language Requirement:
• Excellent command of English and Swahili is a requirement.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3467/?utm_medium=jobshare