National Energy Efficiency Analyst – MOE Advisory Service-NPSA8
Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme
Deadline of this Job:
13 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The advisory service for the public and all EE stakeholders is critical component of the success of this project. The National Energy Efficiency Expert – Advisory Service is expected to work closely with the Project Manager, the Project Coordination Unit at the Ministry of Energy and the Project Management Unit at UNDP, as well as national and international technical experts to facilitate the development and implementation of the Awareness Raising Plan for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The National Energy Efficiency Expert – Advisory Service will be responsible for delivering the following tasks:
• Design Awareness Raising Plan including conducting opinion research on importers, distributors and retailers of energy consuming appliances and products, private and public companies management
• Design, develop and implement of Capacity Building Activities for selected personnel of MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, water utilities and other implementing Agencies on how to plan and implement a successful awareness raising campaign on energy efficiency: objectives, compelling messages, optimal channels, targeted audiences, logos, timeline, budget, tone, style, etc.
• Design classroom lessons with best practices description on how to plan, develop and implement a successful awareness raising campaign and Identification of the most suitable media and communication tools for disseminating key messages (TV, radio, digital, printed paper, local events, etc.);
• Design, develop and implement awareness raising campaigns on energy efficiency for: general public; private and public companies’ management; government and public institutions Officials; decision makers; import companies, dealers, distributors and retailers of energy consuming products; high school and University students. Assessment of the necessity to plan and realize a pilot Project to test the awareness campaign
• For the general public explaining benefits and opportunities of energy efficiency and educating consumers on the importance of saving energy; special focus should be given to the involvement of women using appliances at home;
• Promotion of women to work for an efficient energy management in private companies;
• For the management of SMEs, industrial companies, large commercial buildings (hotels, office buildings, sports halls, fitness centres, etc.) and public national and local institutions to foster the procurement of energy efficient appliances and devices (workshops, leaflets, articles in industry publications, etc.);
• Promotion of energy efficiency adoption for import-export companies, dealers, distributors, and retailers;
• Promotion of energy efficiency for high school and University students to encourage them to study energy efficiency relatedmatters and start new businesses in areas relevant to energy efficiency development; this campaign should also focus on girls;
• Application of communication channels, tools and media depending on targeted audience, costs, and message in the implementation of previous awareness raising campaigns. These include: TV and radio special programmes (both at national and local levels); Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); Specific web portals; and Blogs; Documentaries for TV and the Internet; TV and radio advertisings;
• Design, develop and implement an “Advisory Service” directed at supporting large energy consumers and SMEs in implementing energy efficiency actions
• Design, develop and realize an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan” webpage to be embedded in line institutions: MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, REA, etc.
• Disseminate information and realize every year an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan Progress Report”
• Publication of three (once a year) of an “Energy Efficiency Action Plan Progress Report”, including the quantification of the level of energy savings.
• Organization of three (one a year) annual Energy Efficiency Action Plan Conference;
• Organize national and international study tours for Officials of MOE, EWURA, TANESCO, water utilities and other implementing Agencies;
• Institutional arrangement
• The National Energy Efficiency Expert – Advisory Service will be embedded within the Ministry og Energy, and will report to the Project Manager and the UNDP Project Focal Point. The Expert will work closely with the rest of the experts and relevant institutions.
• Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate benefits of diverse workforce and champion inclusivity.
Technical /Functional Competencies:
• Portfolio management: Ability to select, priorities and control the organizations programmes and projects, in line with its strategic objectives and capacity; ability to balance the implementation of change initiatives and the maintenance of business-as- usual, while optimizing return on investment.
• Project management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
• Resource mobilization: Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical in line with principles of accountability and integrity.
• Operations Management: Ability to effectively plan, organize, and oversee the Organizational /project’s business processes in order to convert its assets into the best results in the most efficient manner.
• Result based Management: Ability to manage programmes and projects with a focus at improved performance and demonstrable results.
• Communications: Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
• Effective decision making: Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources.
Required Skills and Experience
• A Master’s degree in Project Management, Energy Planning, Energy Engineering, or related disciplines is required or bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Energy Planning, Energy Engineering or related disciplines is required.
• Minimum of 0 years (master’s degree) or 2 years (bachelor’s degree) of professional experience in energy-related programmes, project management, monitoring, implementation and evaluation is required;
• Experience working with UNDP will be an added advantage;
• Good knowledge of the programming cycle (planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation);
• Political awareness and understanding of socio-economic factors;
• Good knowledge of PC software (including a word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office;
• Research and analytical skills;
• Knowledge of methods and techniques for designing and assessing the quality and efficiency of process execution;
• Ability to interpret and work within applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders;
• Demonstrate ability to conduct detailed technical and quantitative analysis;
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to manage competing priorities;
• Ability to oversee the work of and provide guidance to staff;
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/3464/?utm_medium=jobshare