Inbound Freight Officer
Deadline of this Job:
26 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Inbound Freight Officer is responsible for Incoming Shipments coordination of Goods in Transit from various Sandvik Global Stock Rooms to Stock Room 10 in Mwanza. He/she arranges communications between sales groups i.e. Order Desk as well as various logistics stakeholder on Goods In Transit tracking.
• Reporting – Run relevant reports daily/weekly and as required by management or business requirements relating to inbound freight.
• Goods in Transit management- Provide weekly update on shipments in transit with proper tracking on waybills and shipment value.
• Expedite inbound shipments’ pre-alerts from DI (Sandvik Global Distribution International Services).
• Manage Freight Forwarders/Clearing Agents processing customs clearance on inbound shipments.
• Coordinate on duty/customs clearance process
• Coordinate export and tracking of DI Returns
• Expediting of logistics queries related to inbound freight using LPS (Logistics Process Support) and other business tools such as system 21 DI and Aurora as well as report manager.
• An outgoing and self-reliant nature
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of Customers & focus
• Effective communication skills
• 2 – 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain Environment such as Logistics, Shipping & Forwarding
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Freight management challenges
• Knowledge of ERP systems and business management tools and standard software
• Data analysis, reporting and interpretation skills
• Ability to work without supervision
• Valid driver’s license
Degree/Diploma in Logistics/Supply chain management
Computer literate with proven Computer skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://sandvik.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/sandvik-jobs/job/Mwanza/Inbound-Freight-Officer_R0037063?source=Linkedin