Jobs at:CMS Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
18 May 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional HSE Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Project Manager to enforce the company's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
• (HSEQ) policies.
• Assist in the implementation of the HSEQ management plans, HSEQ policies, and compliance with
• applicable Tanzanian legislation and System Requirements. Provide timely advise to the Project Manager and Project Supervisors on effective implementation
• of the HSEQ Management Plans.
• Assist to develop, implement, and monitor emergency response and management plans.
• Advice procurement on the purchase of HSEQ related items.
• Participate in project internal and external system audits and inspections (15045001, ISO14001 and
• Keep and maintain OHSE records in accordance with Tanzania regulations, Company and HSEQ
• system requirements.
• Conduct training HSEQ related training.
• Ensure the proper use of HSEQ forms (i.e. toolbox meeting, Take-5, Hazard IDs, JSEAs, Pre-Start
• Inspections, Planned Task Observations, etc.) and provide training and coaching when deficiencies
• are noted.
• Investigate complaints by any employee relating to the employee's health or safety at work.
• Coordinate health and safety committee meetings and Weekly HSEQ Meetings.
• Discuss safety and health as a value at all meetings.
• Set a personal example on all matters of health, safety, and environment. Live and visibly
• demonstrate CMS values.
Knoweldege and skills Requirements
• Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH, BSC, SAMTRAC)
• Relevant experience with Management System Internal Audit Training (15045001 and ISO14001)
• A minimum of three years' experience working in a similar role in Mining Environment
• Strong communication, Presentation and interpersonal skills
• Skill in performing on-site HSEQ inspections
• Good computer skills and related applications (MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
• Ability to develop and implement safe work procedures and conducting accident investigations
• Knowledge and understanding of local, safety, environmental, and health regulations and
• Valid Tanzanian or International Driver's License
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to [email protected]
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.