Graduate Mining Engineer (16880)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Mining Engineer
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Mining Technical Services
Reporting to: Superintendent – OP Mine Planning
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to work in the mine planning department developing short-term plan and monitoring plan compliance and perform day to day mining engineering duties required for smooth daily production targets
• BSc.in Mining Engineering.
• Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.
• Must possess a valid Tanzanian driving license and able to drive in mining environment.
• At least 1year relevant experience in mining industry preferably open pit
• Experience with MS Office software.
• Exposure in mining software such as Vulcan, Datamine, Spry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
Planning and Execution
• Develop OP designs (ramps/ waste dumps/ access roads/ pit designs)
• Monitoring plan compliance
• Develop Bench Operating Plan (BOP’s)
• Prepare daily and weekly production reports
• Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by your manager.
• Advise your manager if you do not understand the work, they have assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
• Advise your manager of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
• Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures, and legislation requirements.
• Disclose timely information to your manager when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned
• Ensure that Safe Working Procedures are followed for all routine tasks
• Perform design achievement check as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Check achievement of NAF/PAF boundaries as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Check the design achievement of the rehabilitation batters and berm crests as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Create the attitude of teamwork in performing your roles
• Assist the Mine Planning Engineer in prepare weekly plans for the respective pit in line with the monthly plan and present to operation
• Coordinate the in-puts for the preparation of Bench Operating Plan (BOP)
• Prepare Daily Dig Plans to required standards and issued to operations for use in production planning as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Perform pit design checks to ensure toes, berm crests, bench floors, ramp alignments are happening and are up to approved tolerances.
• Check that ramps and haul roads are constructed to approved designs as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Assist in coordinating inputs from various sections e.g. geology, geo-tech and engineering for the preparation of the production plans
• Check pit and stockpile levels of broken stocks and give feedback for production planning purpose.
• Monitor equipment performance on productivity and utilization and give feedback as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Performing check on various operation costs as instructed by the Mine Planning Engineer
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Computer Literate – Proficiency and solid experience in Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Words
• Good team worker.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Graduate Mining Engineer”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=IFg2j2b%252fjvTkhEICV1TuxxMWijoPP9uDyxWwWbkg%252bLk%253d
Applications should reach the above on or before 03rd September 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.