Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Monday, October 18, 2021
, Base Salary:
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Mine Surveyor (UG)
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified tim
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Mine Surveyor II (UG)
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To equip a Graduate Surveyor with the fundamental underground mine surveying techniques, methods, equipment and working environment to attain required experience and competence and take part in the critical aspects of mining provided by the Survey section.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Land Surveying or Geodetics or Mine Surveying from recognized academic Institution/University.
• Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.
• Must possess a valid Tanzanian driving license and able to drive in mining environment.
• At least one (1) year working experience in Mining Industry
• Experience with MS Office software.
• Exposure in mining software such as Vulcan, Datamine, I-Site, etc.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Establish benchmark and control points at working area
• Perform timely development and production mark-ups
• Perform regular as-built surveys of the mined areas
• Establish alignment laser for the underground mine advancement
• Plan preparation and compilation to ensure quality control
• Plan reading and interpretation
• Month end pickups and stockpile surveys
• Perform GPS and conversional surveys
• Uploading, downloading, and processing of the survey data
• Maintenance of surveying equipment to required standards
• Daily interaction with Mine surveyors, Mining technical and operations personnel and other departments on an as required basis
• Be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department
• Identify and interpret safety risks and resolve emerging issues; and ensuring that appropriate focus and resources are available to achieve safety objectives.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
• Able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with a team
• Able to use total stations, data recorders and any modern survey equipment, especially Leica and Geodimeter total stations, DGPS, CMS and Levelling machines.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Must be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Computer Literate – Proficiency and solid experience in Microsoft Offices and CAD
• Good team worker.
• Driving Competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian driving license)
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Graduate Mine Surveyor (UG)”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Brief description of emPOWerED project CVM/APA is a Tanzanian NGO based in Bagamoyo and Morogoro supporting local communities and engaging them in activities promoting sustainable social development. This project specifically…
Overview Job Category: Management Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 24 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 10-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Program Manager [ Type:…
Mjini Magharibi Zanzibar Details Description Our client is looking for real estate agents to work with clients, solicitors and other property professionals to negotiate sales and rentals on residential or…
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit three (03) Graduate Geologists to join our team. The successful candidates for these positions will be accountable in day-to-day geological activities…