Graduate Engineer – UG Geotech
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Graduate Engineer – UG Geotech
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Technical Services
Reporting to: Engineer 3 – UG Geotech
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist in collection of relevant geotechnical data required for underground design recommendation for the assigned underground mine.
• BSc.in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or equivalent
• Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.
• Must possess a valid Tanzanian driving license and able to drive in underground mining environment.
• Experience with MS Office software and valuation tools.
• Must have good understanding of soil and rock testing and analysis techniques
• Geotechnical or Engineering Geology experience in underground environment.
• Must have a basic working knowledge of geotechnical data gathering, analysis, interpretation, modelling, design, and quality assurance techniques and must be able to perform assigned tasks under supervision.
• Must have basic understanding and application of geological data collection methodologies
• Must have a basic understanding of rock mass classification and data analysis
• Must have basic understanding and application of geotechnical risk management
• Must have basic understanding of soil and rock testing and analysis techniques
• Must have basic knowledge and application of open pit mine geomechanics
• Must have a basic knowledge and application of slope stability analysis techniques
• Must have basic knowledge and application of slope monitoring and stability management techniques
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Assist in the timely collection of underground geotechnical data from various sources and ensuring that collected data meets the required quality standards
• Assist in the undertaking of data validation on collected geotechnical data prior to use in analysis
• Assist in conducting underground inspection ensuring ground stability control management programmes are in place and maintained in line with the geotechnical best practice and standards
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Computer Literate – Proficiency and solid experience in Microsoft Office products specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and Words
• Good team worker.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking on the link
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Coordinator 1 – UG Safety”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
• Applications should reach the above on or before 31st August 2021 at 5:30 Pm
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.