Jobs at:African Underground Mining Services (AUMS)
Deadline of this Job:
14 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanized hard rock-underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt,Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and India. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance.
The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients. In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following jobs positions below…
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
The Grader Operator will carry out grading of varying surfaces, both underground and surface, and will perform mining tasks as directed by the Underground Supervisor and trainer. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary chang¬es to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures that are displayed and amended from time to time.
• Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
• Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
• Must Work to minimise equipment downtime and maximise productivity.
• Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
• Continual grading of development areas to provide a good operating surface for other machinery in the mine.
• Ensure that all spillage is cleaned up and graded to an area where an Underground loader can remove it.
• Maintaining of building roads underground including cleaning up drives to prevent tyre damage.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• 2 years underground mining experience
• Knowledge and experience in operating underground grader
• Willingness to assist in other areas trained in
• First Aid Certificate.
• Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
• Completed secondary school
• Reading and Writing Skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply. Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment. Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email [email protected]
Application letters should reach the above on or before 14th January 2021,18hr00