Engineer 1 - UG Drill & Blast (16277)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Engineer 1 – UG Drill & Blast
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Underground Mining
Reporting to: Senior Specialist – UG Drill & Blast
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To build and develop an effective team capable to deliver stope notes, stope drill and blast designs and stope closure notes in line with the mine plan and strategy. Furthermore, to continuously improve and update the Drill and Blast guidelines in line with industry best practice and technology. The roles to be executed in addition to specific instructions from Senior Manager – Underground Mining and requirements of relevant Tanzanian Mining Legislation.
• Tertiary qualification (Degree) in mining engineering
• Registered with ERB of Tanzania as Graduate or Professional Engineer.
• Post Graduate certificate in mineral accounting advantageous.
• Site Entry requirements which may include medical Health Surveillance.
• Must possess a valid Blasting Certificate
• 02 years working experience in Underground Mining and at least 01 year in Drill and Blast Works
• Advanced Datamine Vulcan/StudioUG and Aegis Drill and Blast Software
• Experience with MS Office software and valuation tools.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Produce short, medium- and long-term stoping schedules in a timely manner in line with mine plan in liaison with Senior Mine Planning Engineer.
• Ensure preparation and delivery of stope notes.
• Design and review of drill and blast plans for execution in line with mine plan and operational requirements.
• Report on all safety, production and financial performance indicators related to Drill and Blast.
• Ensure all statutory reporting requirements are met in relation to safety and environmental incidents within established deadlines within department.
• Effectively assist Senior Specialist Drill & Blast manage the UG Drill and Blast section while satisfactorily achieving Company targets within budgeted costs.
• Manage the GGML Underground Drill and Blast section along with the mining contractors when required.
• Responsible for short, medium- and long-term stope planning for the underground mine in line with mine plan.
• Able to examine drill and blast parameters and equipment to optimize performance to improve on drilling and blasting efficiencies and cost.
• Able to update Drill and Blast guidelines in line with industry best practice and technology.
• Able to prepare schedules of stopes and required in stope development from the underground mine plan in accordance with the company’s objective to provide sufficient ore feed for the plant.
• Able to lead the stope closure process and compiles closure notes to be presented to all stakeholders for sign off.
• Able to provide input into design of mine ventilation and other mine services.
• Able to ensure plans showing layout of blasting patterns are prepared and liaises with other mine staff and the contractor to plan and execute drill and blast operations as required.
• Able to attend Mine Operations Meetings and Chair Mine Stope Note Meeting as required and interacts effectively with other mine staff.
• Able to incorporate the Company’s Safety and Environmental polices during the conduct of work so that mine designs and outcomes directly under their control are in accordance with the Company’s and statutory requirements.
• Demonstrate adherence to GGML safety and health policy and procedures
• Comply with all company environmental standards.
• Assist with the preparation of plans and collation of the Annual Environmental Reports.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills in English Language
• Positive Attitude towards work and colleagues.
• Basic first aid knowledge.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Be physically and mentally fit and hard working. Appointment subject to thorough medical check-up by authorised medical practitioner.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Good team worker.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the 'APPLY' button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Engineer 1 – UG Drill & Blast”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 16th July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
To apply visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=cVqI2jAtuUXaBpxE9UIAB9evRQ3Pepljcq4KsTopnh8%253d