Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2020
Within Tanzania , Kasulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location: Kasulu, United Republic of Tanzania
Duration: One-year fixed term (renewable based on performance)
The post of Driver is located in UNFPA’s Kasulu Field Office and reports to the Admin/Finance Associate and to the UNFPA Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Coordinator based in Kasulu.
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNFPA officials and visitors ensuring the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, s/he drives the office vehicle for transporting authorized personnel and the delivery/collection of mail, documents and other items for the UNFPA field offices in Kasulu and Kibondo Districts, Kigoma Region. .
Major Activities/Expected Results
• Drives for UNFPA officials and staff. Ensures the provision of reliable and safe driving services by
• Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA staff, officials and visitors and the delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items
• Meeting official personnel and visitors at Kigoma airport and transporting them to the UNFPA field offices in Kasulu and Kibondo Districts.
• The driver will be in charge of security matters, including possessing up-to-date knowledge of the security situation in the field, obtaining security clearance for field missions when necessary, organizing a police escort in liaison with UNHCR field security associate/focal person when necessary, organizing the payment/in kind reimbursement of fuel to security officers, and documenting and reporting on the movements/fuel reimbursements to the field Officer in Charge and Operations Manager.
• The driver will ensure the functionality of, and maintain and operate, security equipment for the vehicle, including radio system, winch, fire extinguisher and first aid box.
• Ensures cost-savings through the proper use of the vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, and the provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
• Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, checking tires, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc. so that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
• Ensures the proper use of vehicle maintenance plans and assists in preparing the vehicle history report.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
• Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations of UNFPA are taken in the case of an accident.
• When necessary, translates in to the local language for the head of office and/or official personnel using the car.
• Assists office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required. Assists in the mailing and distribution of newsletters and publications as required.
• Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Internal contacts with UNFPA staff and visiting officials. Collaborates with other drivers in the country office and in the field.
• External contacts relate to pick-ups and deliveries and arrival/departure formalities. May collaborate with other UN Agency Drivers for major functions. Interacts with national and international partners in carrying out his/her duties.
• Achieving results
• Being accountable
• Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
• Thinking analytically and strategically
• Working in teams/self-management
• Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set
• Providing logistical support
• Managing data
• Managing documents, correspondence and reports
• Managing information and work flow
• Planning, organizing and multitasking
Languages: Fluency in the language of the duty station; knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
Education: Completed Secondary Level education. Knowledge and Experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions.
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Exemplifying integrity
• Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
• Embracing cultural diversity
• Embracing change
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Closing date: 05 May 2020.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY