Nonprofit, and NGO
Admin & Office
Deadline of this Job:
21 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Thursday, October 07, 2021
, Base Salary:
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Driver in the UNHCR Office is normally supervised directly by the Administrative Officer/Associate/Assistant or another staff member when the scale of the Operation so require it. Besides driving, the incumbent is responsible for up keep and maintenance of the assigned UNHCR vehicle(s) as per technical guidance and specifications established by the Organisation. S/he is required to follow strict instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor. While the basic function of a driver is to drive the official vehicles of UNHCR, s/he may be called upon to perform minor maintenance and repair of UNHCR vehicles.
The Driver has regular contacts with staff within the UNHCR Office and with others (including Partners, government authorities, etc.) outside UNHCR involving a limited exchange of information.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
• Drive UNHCR vehicles for the transport of authorized passengers, deliver, and collect documents and other items.
• Meet official personnel at airports or other locations and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
• Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned UNHCR vehicles are road or waterway worthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
• Perform minor repairs, arrange for other repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
• Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other local procedures, are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
• Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
• Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
• Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle.
• Perform other related duties as required.
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G2D – 2 years relevant experience with Completion of Primary Education or High School Diploma or higher
Field(s) of Education
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Driving licence, knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
At least 10 years of professional driving experience. Essential to have Tanzanian C1 (license to drive public service vehicles with a seating capacity of 15 but less than 30) and D (license to drive all types of vehicles except motorcycles, heavy duty, and public service vehicles) driving license categories.
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 02 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 27-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Driver and Field Officer…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 10 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 07-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: 6 Field Operation Officers…
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community…
River Oil Petroleum [T] Limited is seeking professionals, hard-working with at least three years of experience. The Company demands independence, integrity, objectivity, competence and due care from all of its…
Brief description of emPOWerED project CVM/APA is a Tanzanian NGO based in Bagamoyo and Morogoro supporting local communities and engaging them in activities promoting sustainable social development. This project specifically…