Jobs at:Resettlement Support Center (RSC)
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Kasulu , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Driver
Level: Office Technician
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
This position is primarily responsible for driving and maintaining CWS/RSC Africa vehicles to complete assigned errands on behalf of the organization.
This position reports directly to the Administrative Officer.
• Drives CWS/RSC Africa motor vehicles to complete assigned duties.v • Cleans and cares for official CWS/RSC Africa vehicles. Conducts regular checks of vehicles to ensure that they are mechanically sound and in good working order and reports any problems noted to the Administrative Supervisor.
• Provides safe transportation to meetings and other destinations for CWS/RSC Africa staff and visitors on official business.
• Posts and collects mail, weighs and affixes the correct amount of stamps on letters and packages.
• Assists in the safe banking of CWS/RSC Africa checks and cash as well as replenishment of petty cash.
• Maintains accurate records of deliveries made to other offices in the CWS/RSC Africa delivery book.
• Performs general clerical duties as may be assigned and which may include photocopying and packing supplies for field team travel.
• Facilitates the processing of work permits and alien registration certificates for expatriate staff and the processing of visas for CWS/RSC Africa staff proceeding on circuit rides and any other official travel.
• Repairs minor mechanical problems on the CWS/RSC Africa motor vehicles after confirming the same with the Administrative Officer.
• Obtains quotations and makes simple purchases on behalf of the office and as per instructions by the Administrative Officer or the Program Manager.
• Records each and every trip made in the book.
• Ensures that the fuel level in each vehicle does not go below half tank.
• Performs other duties, which are developed and assigned in order to improve the operations of the CWS/RSC Africa office.
• High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of work experience.
• Two (2) years of driving experience required.
• Working knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics and required.
• Good working knowledge of Kasulu and its vicinity.
The Driver must have the ability to:
• do minor repairs
• communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
• deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
• conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
• maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• take initiative;
• maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities; • work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
• effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
• actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa;
Physical requirements: This position requires bending, squatting, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying moderate loads.
Working environment: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to moving machinery, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust, fumes and gases and drives motorized equipment.
Police Clearance Certificate issued within the last one year (12 months) is required before the start of employment.
Valid and clean driving license required; Demonstrated integrity, accountability, and transparency in all previous employment.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Program Planning and Management
Organize work and/or plan projects and ensure timely completion and/or successful implementation. Examples of skills and behaviors include identifying and analyzing program options; identifying the tasks and deliverables required for successful completion; managing one’s time; monitoring the resources involved and ensuring that they are directed most effectively; and working with all involved to ensure successful completion.
Guide and direct oneself or other individuals and groups toward a desired outcome. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking the appropriate level of initiative to resolve problems or remove obstacles, bringing individuals together around a common goal; evaluating information and making decisions; navigating conflict and obstacles; and ensuring that communication takes place between all parties involved.
Resource Building and Stewardship
Balance the acquisition or investment of organization resources with responsible use of those resources in line with the organization’s mission. Examples of skills and behaviors include taking advantage of all opportunities to cultivate potential donors; evaluating situations to identify the best use of resources; and making responsible investments of resources that increase organization effectiveness.
Job Education Requirements : Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: