Jobs at:Global Health Supply Chain Program
Deadline of this Job:
25 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Global Health Supply Chain Program Technical Assistance-Tanzania (GHSC TA-TZ) project, supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), provides expert technical assistance to Tanzania to strengthen country supply chain systems across all health elements, e.g., malaria, family planning (FP), HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis (TB) and maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH). In coordination with in-country and development partners, GHSC TA-TZ assists Government of Tanzania health programs by providing strategic planning and implementation assistance; improving the delivery of health commodities to service sites; providing capacity building support to broaden stakeholders’ understanding and engagement of the supply chain system; and strengthening enabling environments to improve supply chain performance.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Dar es Salaam
Duration: Full-time Position
Reports to: Director of Operations
To provide transportation services to Project staff, official visitors and related support activities as well as other administrative support when necessary. .
• Drive vehicle and observe all road rules and signs according to the required legal and traffic conditions.
• May require extensive travel outside of Dar es Salaam.
• Carry out different inspection of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
• Carry out minor vehicle repairs and other emergency activities such as flat tires during any road breakdowns.
• Maintain a car logbook, fuel and oil requisition book and prepare a logbook summary each day.
• Maintain cleanliness of the motor vehicle.
• Collect and deliver documents, parcels or mails as directed by the supervisor.
• The driver will be required to support the project in various administrative tasks such as running errands to TRAto pick and up and drop off items, support the project on administrative implemen¬tation of activities in the field such as paying out per diem to workshop participants, liaising with hotel to collect receipt and other documentation for payments.
• Perform other work-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Driving license class C and form 4 minimum education required.
• National Institute of Transport Certificate desirable.
• Basic knowledge in mechanics and vehicle repair and maintenance.
• Good English and Swahili communication skills required.
• Ability to work under pressure and longer hours when periodically required.
• Good teamwork and interpersonal relations.
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all time
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you are interested in applying these positions please send your resume, cover letter to [email protected] And kindly include title you are applying for in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Deadline for submission shall be on January 25th, 2021. GHSC – TA – TZ is an equal opportunity employer.