Driver (Ref: C3HP/DRV/12-21)
Deloitte Tanzania has been awarded a contract to implement a Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB LOC (C3HP) in Southern regions in Tanzania. This is a five year project (November 9, 2021 to September 30, 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health and Social Welfare, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children. The program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
Deloitte is therefore seeking for experienced, self-motivated, 28 highly competent individuals with exemplary ethical conduct to join the C3HP program as Drivers.
Responsible for driving staff and supplies, maintaining and ensuring safety of the Program vehicles; and complying with road safety.
- Inspect the assigned vehicle on a daily basis and notify the Head Driver of any mechanical fault.
- Check that the vehicle is clean, in good condition and ready for use at all times.
- Drive program vehicles transporting staff.
- Transport goods and supplies as scheduled by the Head Driver.
- Dispatch and collect documents to and from stakeholders and other organizations.
- Fill in the logbook with information on trips, distance covered, vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain a record of fuel consumption in the vehicle logbook for and preparation of the monthly fuel consumption report.
- Carry out routine maintenance of the vehicle as per schedule.
- Ensure that vehicle is parked in a safe place as required.
- Check that the vehicle has valid statutory documents.
- Notify the Head Driver upon emergency or occurrence of any incidence regarding the vehicle.
- Comply with road regulations as well as USAID and Deloitte fleet policies and regulations.
- Prepare advance requests, retirements and travel reports for trips.
- Provide auxiliary/ administrative support to staff during field visits if required.
- Ordinary level education
- Driving proficiency certificate from the Vocational Education and Training Authority or the National Institute of Transport
- A valid driving license
- Basic knowledge in vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of the road regulations
- Time management skills
If you believe you are the right candidate for the job, submit a cover letter including your current and expected remuneration, detailed CV, copies of your academic certificates and transcripts, and three referees to [email protected] . For your application to be considered, it MUST quote the job title, reference number and your preferred region on the email subject line. Submission deadline is 10 th December 2021 at 4:30 p.m. Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
This position is on a one-year renewable contract, subject to performance and availability of funding from the donor. The job offer is conditional to successful vetting, including professional reference checks and limited lifestyle audit.