Anticipated USAID Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121 RFA 00003
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC), Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs, and Ministry of Health (MoH) Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care and social services to Tanzanians.
THPS is seeking interested and competent individuals to apply for the following key positions as part of its application to the anticipated USAID OVC NOFO: Tanzania Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Next Generation NOFO Number 72062121RFA00003.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate linkage between the OVC project and THPS Senior
- Oversee project work plan and budget development, implementation of activities, monitoring and evaluation and ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity
- Ensure clear communication with donors
- Ensure performance against Take corrective action where necessary.
- Coordinate and plan meetings with USAID, MOHCDGEC, POLARG and other partners at national
- Ensure project financial systems and controls comply with generally accepted THPS and USG standards and GOT accounting
- Ensure compliance with THPS and USAID policies, rules and
- Lead development and implementation of sustainability plans and ensure continuous engagement of local government authorities regional and district social worker in supportive
- Advocate for resource allocations to OVC Next Generation by the local government
- Communicate regularly with THPS Senior management team, sharing information in a timely
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of all quarterly/annual reporting
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of evaluation and performance management including mid and end term project
- Monitor and appraise the performance of the senior project
- Responsible for program performance results and reporting
Required Qualifications and Experience
- MD. preferred , minimum of Master’s Degree in public health, medicine or another appropriate field, or health management field
- 7 + years of senior-level managing programs of similar size, complexity, and settings/ experience in HIV/AIDS and TB is added advantage
- Experience in OVC programming is an added advantage
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal
- Previous work experience managing PEPFAR USAID-funded
- Knowledge of USG health initiatives
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player, demonstrated ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other project staff, host-country counterparts, USAID, consultants, donors, and international organizations
- Able to travel domestically to project sites as
- Must be citizen of Tanzania
How to apply :
Interested applicants should send an email to [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages maximum by July 14 th, 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘ Chief of Party/Project Director’’. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 July 2021.