Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Officer
Jobs at:Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC),
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Simiyu , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 27, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Founded in 1807, The University of Maryland, Baltimore, (also known as the University of Maryland or UMB) comprises of some of the oldest professional schools including school of dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, social work and nursing in the United States. UMB works around the world to enhance capacity of governments, Regional and District Health Management Teams to improve the quality of health services through targeted technical assistance, syst ems development and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives. In Tanzania, UMB works through its affiliate, Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) a not for profit organization. UMB has teamed up with Amref Health Africa to implement a Comprehensive HIV Care and Treatment project aimed at acceleration of achieving the 95-95-95 goals for HIV Epidemic control and building of sustainable health systems for optimized population-wide health outcomes. The project which is branded as Afya Kamilifu Project received funding from the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS
Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania and will be implemented in ZNZ islands, Tanga and Simiyu regions. UMB and Amref Health Africa will work under the guidance and close collaboration with CDC Tanzania, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health, President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG), RHMTs, CHMTs, Health facilities and other stakeholders for successful implementation of the Afya Kamilifu Project.
MGIT is advertising for the following 6 positions below to support its work in the country and invites all qualified candidates to apply:
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Officer
The CQI Officer will be responsible for providing capacity building and mentoring on CQI to health facilities in Simiyu Region. The primary function of this position will be to work with the health facilities, Regional and Council Health Management Teams in developing CQI interventions to respond to challenges with the HIV/AIDS program in the region. The CQI officer will ensure all health facilities have active QI teams and are implementing CQI activities using National guidelines. S/he will provide mentorship and support to facilities in using the Small Test of Change (STOC)/Plan Do Study Act (PDSA) methodologies for QI at the site level and in understanding and measuring these processes for both patient and program level improvement. The CQI officer will work the health facility CQI teams and the project team to track all HIV/TB related indicators, develop QI activities to respond to performance gaps, report all QI activities on a monthly basis and provide feedback and recommendations to the CQI advisor. .
• Provides direct technical assistance and mentoring to health facilities for continuous quality improvement, models for change and systems improvement
• Visits participating health facilities at least monthly to provide technical assistance on all matters related to Quality Improvement
• Assist sites in understanding and using of QI tools such as flow charts, fishbone, driver diagrams and decision matrix analysis for system and processes -wide improvement
• Support implementation of differentiated service delivery and care models while using CQI approaches to monitor for maximum patient outcomes
• Collects weekly and monthly reports from health facilities and provides guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes
• Assist sites in data utilization and seeks creative and innovative ways of capturing and presenting data
• Ongoing mentoring of health facility teams to build capacity for CQI concepts
• Maintaining thorough documentation of activities and deliverables and report to the line manager on timely basis
• Work effectively with the entire technical team for efficient and quality ART services delivery
Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager
• In-Depth knowledge of HIV/AIDS, TB/HIV, PMTCT, EID
• Understanding of and experience in resolving challenges related to care and treatment delivery in the local context
• Ability to interact proactively with health facility teams and the council and regional health management teams
• Ability to analyze data and report back in the most efficient and understandable manner
• Self-motivated, team player
• Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Health Statistics, Epidemiology or related field
• At least 3 years’ experience in resource limited health care delivery or administration
• At least 3 years’ experience working with health facilities in resource limited settings
• Working with development programs (USAID, CDC) is an added advantage
• Understanding of the Tanzania National HIV – related guidelines and policies
Proficient in Managing, analyzing and interpreting data
• Must be Proficient in writing and speaking both English and Swahili languages
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Instructions for Submitting Applications:
• All applications should be submitted electronically to: [email protected] • Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience. References should include contact information including daytime phone, and e-mail address.
• All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifications, and experiences.
• Candidates should attach a CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
• Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
• All applicants should include daytime phone and skype contact information.
• Deadline for application is 31st July, 2020 at 5:00 PM EAT. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Maryland Global Initiatives Tanzania (MGIT) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity, or any other status variable.