Chief of Party - Health Facilities Electrification
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Tanzania , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Chief of Party a health facility electrification (HFE) and telecommunication activity. The activity will advance sub-Saharan Africa’s goals to improve the health and well-being of communities by drawing on private sector capacity and resources to provide rural and semi-rural health facilities with clean, reliable electricity generation and Internet connectivity. The activity will address the challenges in health electrification through a market-based approach, leveraging technical and financial resources. These efforts will complement USAID’s Global Health Strategy and the USAID Climate Strategy through the promotion and uptake of cleaner, renewable energy solutions that sustainably power health facilities, advancing better health while mitigating air pollution and creating employment and business opportunities.
The Chief of Party is responsible for leadership of the HFE and telecommunications project in Nigeria, Eswatini, Tanzania, Cote d'Ivoire, or the Democratic Republic of Congo and ensuring the effective implementation of the project. The Chief of Party represents the HFE project and is responsible for coordination among key local stakeholders including national, state and local government, private sector partners, other implementing partners and donor agencies. The Chief of Party will ensure the project achieves results including project deliverables and targets in an effective and compliant manner.
The Chief of Party will promote collaboration with other similar projects, government decision makers, and stakeholders to ensure the alignment of this project with their priorities and guidelines. This activity will focus on both the public and private sectors.
This position will be based in the capital and cover activities in nationwide. Applicants should be a local resident or have a work permit.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide management leadership (programmatic, financial and administrative) for the project ensuring full alignment with national and international standards.
• Oversee the implementation of the project ensuring the achievement of all project deliverables and targets in a timely manner.
• Effectively represent Abt and the project and build and maintain excellent, productive relationships with government counterparts, private sector partners, relevant civil society organizations and donor agencies and serve as a leader in the energy and health community.
• Provide vision and guidance to the project staff.
• Identify obstacles and risks related to implementation in a timely manner and implement strategies to overcome them.
• Ensure implementation of accountability mechanisms to foster quality and ensure client’s rights and choice.
• Supervise and oversee the work of project staff, project partners and subcontractors
• Exercise sound financial management skills including effective project spending.
• Uphold the standards of Abt Associates to lead a high performing team; ensure strict compliance to USAID and Abt’s policies, regulations and internal controls.
• Guide the learning agenda for the project, use lessons learned to modify project approaches and strategies, and disseminate findings.
• Lead the development of the strategy for scale up of the project.
• Create strong partnerships with other implementing partners working in the energy and health sectors.
• Review technical materials to ensure high quality products.
• Effectively liaise with headquarters departments to support project operational success.
• Prepare and consolidate information for client and internal reports and conduct preliminary reviews.
• Ensure proper oversite over procurements.
• Master’s Degree in relevant field.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience, including 5 years in managing complex energy or health programs or programs of similar scope and size.
• Experience engaging private sector partners
• Proven experience in administration, financial management, award compliance, sub-award management, and tracking project performance and costs.
• Excellent management and organizational skills to lead teams to deliver high quality program results.
• Demonstrated strategic vision for the energy and/or health sector, leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience.
• Excellent professional reputation and a proven success interacting with host country government agencies, counterparts, donors, and international experts.
• Proven ability to gather data and document program activities, successes, and lessons learned.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French (if French speaking country). Local languages an advantage.
• Experience with USAID or other donors.
Bachelor’s Degree + Twelve years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Ten years of relevant experience, or PhD+ Eight years of relevant experience
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.
The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
At Abt Associates, we are committed to creating a lasting culture of equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that in order to achieve full participation, our practices must be free of prejudice, discrimination, and bias that result in inequitable outcomes. We are actively working to advance equity for everyone, and while we still have much work to do, we know that racial and cultural diversity are an asset to our business and the communities where we live and serve. Our ongoing commitment is focused on creating business practices that advance racial and social equity, investments in community impact programs for the benefit of Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), and expand upon project work related to racial equity and social justice.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? click here to apply