Boilermaker / Welder
Jobs at:Bulyanhulu Gold Mine / Barrick
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Boilermaker / Welder
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Boilermaker / Welder to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Paste Mining Supervisor
• Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
• Welding and fabricating in both workshop and in field underground environments.
• Reading and interpreting designs and construction plans
• Ensure proper hot work procedures are strictly followed
• Provide reliable and accurate operational knowledge and practical application to minimise down time and loss of production
• Planning and mobilizing equipment to hot work site
• Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by your supervisor
• Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License with defensive driving skills
• Basic knowledge of U/G paste systems, mine rescue and valid First Aid certificates will be an added advantage
• Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience in underground mining operation
• Must have detailed knowledge and experience in the operation of multiple metal cutting, welding and fabrication methods.
Skills / Knowledge Requirements:
• Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
• Hazard identification and Risk assessment
• Mine health &Safety Act awareness
• Must have good understanding of underground mining operations and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level
• Must be able to read and understand designed paste line and equipment plans, detailed engineered prints and layouts
What We Can Offer You:
• A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
• Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
• Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
• Indicating the role title “BOILERMAKER / WELDER “ in the subject of your email
• Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 2rd September 2021