Associate Reporting Officer
Jobs at:United Nations
Deadline of this Job:
14 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations. .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep abreast of all developments in the country operation/ bureau/ division or other entity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports.
• Draft regular daily, weekly and monthly up-date for internal and external audience (including donors and other stakeholders).
• Consolidate and analyze data on programme implementation, achievements and indicators in all sectors under AoR in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports and activity-specific reports as may be required and ensure timeliness of such reports.
• Participate in annual reporting and planning process.
• Work closely with Information Management to ensure accurate and attractive data presentation, including maps.
• Support the monitoring of UNHCR’s partnerships and consolidate information about Partners’ activities.
• Assist in the preparation of briefing kits and presentations for missions and visitors.
• Assist in the preparation of reports for donors, in compliance with specific donor requirements. Make efforts to enhance donor satisfaction by ensuring quality reporting on programmatic results to donor. Assist in providing visibility for donors’ contributions to UNHCR.
• Research/analyze, interpret and also, monitor and review information and data from regular and wide variety of sources for internal and external reporting.
• Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
• Provide technical support, training and clarification on UNHCR’s reporting policies and deadlines.
• Support UNHCR inter-agency coordination initiatives and leadership through provision of reporting and secretariat functions where relevant.
• Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications/Requirements Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent Education – Additional Comments:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area, e.g. international relations or area related to public administration;
Required experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
Required Experience: Three years
• At least three years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in humaniatria or other relevant programmes; experience with refugee programmes is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
• Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain; (if not applicable, delete)
• Sound security awareness;
• Have affinity with or interest in protection of refugees and other persons of concern, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
b) Competencies and Values:
• Professionalism: demonstrated understanding of operations relevant to UNHCR; technical capabilities or knowledge relevant or transferrable to UNHCR procedures and rules; discretion, political sensitivity, diplomacy and tact to deal with clients; ability to apply good judgement; ability to liaise and coordinate with a range of different actors, especially in senior positions; where appropriate, high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; resourcefulness and willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented;
• Integrity: demonstrate the values and ethical standards of the UN and UNHCR in daily activities and behaviours while acting without consideration of personal gains; resist undue political pressure in decision-making; stand by decisions that are in the organization’s interest even if they are unpopular; take prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour; does not abuse power or authority;
• Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, mixed-gender environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of UN operations; ability to achieve common goals and provide guidance or training to colleagues;
• Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
• Planning and organizing effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
• Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
• Flexibility: adaptability and ability to live and work in potentially hazardous and remote conditions, involving physical hardship and little comfort; to operate independently in austere environments for protracted periods; willingness to travel within the area of operations and to transfer to other duty stations within the area of operations as necessary;
• Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNHCR mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
C) Language Skills
Fluency in spoken and written English is required;
Working knowledge of other UN language(s) is an advantage;
• English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Public information and reporting Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No Competencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup . Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile . Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 14 Jul 2020