4 Economic Strengthening and Livelihood Officers
Deadline of this Job:
29 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PASADA is a social service and health care faith based organization operating under the Catholic Archdiocese of Dar es salaam. PASADA strives to reach the poorest of the poor living with HIV/AIDS and provide them with compassionate care, treatment and support services. Although sponsored by the Catholic Church, the services offered by PASADA are available to all individuals without discrimination of any sort.
PASADA KIZAZI KIPYA PROJECT
PASADA Kizazi kipya is a 4 year project funded by USAID in which PASADA implements as a Sub grantee to PACT-Tanzania will be ending on 30th September 2021, In order to maintain high quality level services and to meet our clients’ and donor’s expectations, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to work on fixed job assignment for eight months, January 2021 to August 2021 to fill the following positions: .
Job Title : Economic Strengthening and Livelihood Officer (4 posts – Chalinze, Ubungo, MaRa and Kinondoni Councils)
Reports to Project Manager
Roles and Responsibilities
. • Directly supervise empowerment worker (EWs) and National Peer educators
• Recruit and train EWs in the village Savings and Loan groups (VSLG) model and oversee EWs establishing and supporting new groups and supporting inherited VSLGs.
• Ensure that EWs provide facilitation support for VSLGs to ensure that destitute household members (lower savings level and interest) are able to join VSLGs.
• Ensure that VSLGs establish community resource mobilization committees to map community resources for social protection.
• Conduct overarching mapping of economic strengthening services providers in implementation areas.
• Work with District level TASAF to ensure USAID kizazi kipya is aware of new expansion areas.
• Ensure TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to USAID Kizazi Kipya for Screening and enrollment.
• Roll out a household financial literacy and money management curriculum to EWs and ensure a quality roll out to VSLG members.
• Lead the creation of trade networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types.
• Train EWs to roll out self-assessment tools with mature groups; establish relationship with pro-poor financial institutions.
• Serve as the lead for youth related activities including conducting an organizational youth assessment, implementation action items from the assessment, ensuring establishment and high quality support to in and out school teen clubs, and ensuring delivery of youth focused curriculum.
• Provide continuous supportive supervision to EWs to ensure quality economic strengthening programming and to NPEs to ensure quality youth programming.
• Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the program coordinator for inclusion in the quarterly, semiannual, and annual reports.
• Document lesson learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication.
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the project coordinator.
• Diploma in community Development
• Knowledge of computer.
• Experience in working with HIV related services
• Experience in working with communities is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
In addition to a competitive compensation and benefit package, both positions offer a very attractive work schedule.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications letters should indicate the position and Council of interest on the envelope and if it is through email, then on the Subject, attached with detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of certificates, testimonials, transcripts and names of two referees and day time telephone number for confidential contact should be sent NOT LATER than 29th December 2020, interested candidates are also encour¬aged to physically bring their application at Temeke Chang’ombe opposite Police Chang’ombe within Catholic Church Compound., only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The contact address is;
The PASADA Executive Director PASADA
P. O. Box 70225
DAR ES SALAAM,
E-mail: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 29 December, 2020