Jobs at:Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI)
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families.
AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position below…. .
JOB TITLE: Driver (4)
REPORTING TO: Administration Officer
LOCATION: Arusha, Lindi and Pwani
Purpose of the post:
To provide safe and reliable transport service to the designated staff and guests of AGPAHI in a highly professional and efficient manner, at the same time, adhere to the organization policies and follow road safety standards.
• Maintains and keeps up to date log books on daily basis indicating the kms, trip description and responsible person
• Operate the official vehicle in accordance with AGPAHI regulations, know and observe all applicable traffic laws, ordinances, and regulations, and always use road safety standards
• Vehicle driver assumes all responsibility for any and all fines or traffic violations associated with his use of AGPAHI vehicle
• Regular inspection and cleanliness of the vehicle and ensure general maintenance service as specified in the Manufacturer’s manual.
• Checks and logs daily mileage, petrol consumption, oil changes, etc.
• Advise the Administration on minor or major repairs as soon as the problem is detected
• Drives the project/office staff at the required destinations
• Assist in the delivery/collection of mail, equipment, supplies, documents to partners and other institutions as required.
• Send copy of vehicle logbook at the end of every week to the Administration for computing and charging mileage costs to appropriate costs centers
• Liaise regularly with Administrative assistant on weekly activities
• Assist in any other duties as required
Qualifications,Skills & Ability:
• Certificate of secondary education or NIT certificate
• A valid driving license class D and above
• Skills in minor vehicle repairs an added advantage
• Five years of proven accident-free , vehicle driving
• Written and spoken Swahili and English
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 25nd November 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to [email protected]
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. click here