4 Community HIV Services Assistants
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
4 Community HIV Services Assistants
Location: Muheza Office (1), Korogwe Office (1), Zanzibar Office (1), Maswa Office (1)
Reports to: Community HIV Services Officer (Tanga, Simiyu, Zanzibar)
This position will focus on supporting implementation of the community-based HIV prevention, testing, linkage and retention services targeting key vulnerable populations (KVP) in specific districts. In Zanzibar, the incumbent will additionally support MAT services. S/he will work closely with their respective Health Facilities, community providers and the local government authorities at ward and village level. .
• Develop a day-to-day work plan on program area specific activities and implement the field work jointly with community providers
• Supervise the daily deliverables on specific community indicators on HIV prevention services to the KPs/PPs by community outreach workers, including scheduling and implementing day and night mobile outreach campaigns.
• Mentor and supervise community outreach workers regularly and frequently during outreach sessions and lead weekly outreach worker meetings;
• Ensure adequate supplies of commodities (condoms and test kits) and other materials (IEC; data collection tools) to outreach workers.
• Inform and cooperate with local government authorities and other stakeholders on current and upcoming activities for the program
• Participate in the training/orientation of healthcare workers in the selected health facilities on KP/PP program
• Regularly conduct routine mapping/re-mapping of hot spots and size estimation where KPs and PPs are found
• Assist with identifying/screening, recruiting, and training community outreach workers from peer groups to implement the outreach services.
• Review completed data tools on a regular basis and ensure adequate data collection including timely, complete and clean reporting/data transfer to Data Manager • Assist in development of the referral network between the outreach and health facility services
• Performing any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Officer/Social Sciences, A Bachelor degree in the relevant health-related field is an added advantage
• Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills
• At least 2 years of hands on experiences at a position in community-based program NGO which is active in health development, a PEPFAR related project is an added advantage.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding Clients health status and sensitive information in data sources
• Ability to interact well with targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory and noon stigmatizing environment in the program.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills a team player and builder
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of the local/native language is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.