Tetra Tech International Development Services ( http://www.tetratech.com/intdev ) headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Youth Engagement Specialist position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Tanzania.
The Activity is anticipated to be a five-year contract to expand the provision and governance of WASH services through partnerships with the Government and private sector in Tanzania. Interventions aim to (i) increase access to sustainable water services managed by the Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Agency and urban water utilities; (ii) increase access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (iii) strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products and services; and (iv) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources.
The Youth Engagement Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the design, management, and implementation of youth engagement strategy across program components of the Tanzania WASH Market Systems Activity, to ensure that project activities engage youth and specifically address the WASH needs of female and male youth.
· A minimum of five years of experience in youth programming, organizing;
· Technical knowledge and experience in policy and advocacy, skills development, positive youth development, and capacity building;
· Substantial experience working with USAID or other funder-based programming.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork, including ability to work virtually with colleagues in other offices;
· Deep understanding of the best practices, approaches, and methodology in programming related to positive Youth Engagement;
· Experience integrating youth and or gender into project design and implementation
· Experience with social norms and/or behavior change programming;
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management; research; and knowledge sharing;
· Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/YouthESTanzaniaWASh
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.