Training and Learning Manager
Jobs at:ActionAid Denmark (AADK)
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MS TCDC is primarily a learning and training institution Due to the growing need for learning and training services across its partner network in the year 2022, the institution seeks to step up and diversify its learning ambition and work portfolio. As a result, MS TCDC wishes to secure the Services of a self-motivated Training and Learning Manager to lead the institution's learning work portfolio and activities
The Training and Learning Manager's role will support in the building and managing a Learning Unit that is strong, consolidated and aligned on a shared learning framework - applying different methodologies including digital/technology enhanced and overseeing several strategic roles including learning specialists Furthermore, this role supports ActionAid Federation work in supporting the federations network of Youth led spaces called the Global Platform through the Global Platform Secretariat
Training and Learning Manger Core Job roles and responsibilities
1. Learning Product Development, Promotion
2. Delivering of training in areas of expertise
3. Learning Quality and Impact Assurance
4. Management, supervision and support to Trainers and Training Consultants/Associates
5. Contribute to Partnerships and Business Development efforts
6. Knowledge Curation and Management of Internal Learning Processes
Routine activities associated with the Training and Learning Manger job role Oversee the programmatic and administrative functions of TCDC which include:
• Working with a Global Learning Team, which is strong consolidated and aligned around a shared learning framework across the Global Platform Network and MS TCDC Learning activities.
• Working trainers to regularly review standard courses, alongside Associate Trainers and other TCDC staff, to ensure TCDC courses are relevant to market needs/demands
• The research and co-development of new and relevant training areas that are demand driven informed by research and also in alignment with the TCDC and AAI Strategy for the consumption by ActionAid Federation, SPA Countries and other TCDC historical and potential clientele within and outside of Tanzania
• The management (identification, scheduling) and development of a flow process for Face to Face and Online Learning for short courses in collaboration with Course Administrators
• Developing alternative learning methodologies in alignment with the digital age
• Preforming administrative function to support Learner experience including overseeing sign-ups, reviewing course feedback and incorporating relevant feedback back into course design with support of Associate Trainers
• The management of short course Associate Trainers (scheduling their teaching times. Approve Trainers Learning Design pre Course, quality assuring their teaching materials monitoring Associate delivery during course instruction, receiving reviewing and quality assuring reports, approving their final pay)
• Working with Library team and Associate Trainers to update and collate (electronic and hard copy) reading materials relevant for short courses & support E-Library endeavors where needed
• Coordinating the TCDC overall Learning Committee for effective monitoring and evaluation of TCDC teaching quality and learning delivery and experience
• Be part of the TCDC Research Team to support the output from research activities in updating TCDC'S learning products
• Collecting. Studying and Summarizing content feedback from end of course participant feedback session to appropriate Associate and update reflection into upcoming courses
• Teaching some short and academic courses according to areas of expertise when available and needed
The ideal candidate has the following minimum professional qualities and qualifications
• A Master's Degree in any Social Science field such as Political Science, Development Studies, Education, Economics, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship
• Evidence of at least five years experience in facilitating training using participatory adult learning, pedagogy designing and delivering or facilitating online trainings.
• Demonstrable experience in curriculum development and training evaluation
• Previous experience in a similar level of leadership position in a training institution or development organization.
• Proven experience in building coaching, and mentoring a team.
• Knowledge of LMS is a plus
• Administrative Skills in Microsoft Suite, CRM a plus is a plus.
• Exceptional written and verbal skills in English
• Excellent interpersonal skills and working in a multinational setting.
Terms and conditions: The position of Training and Learning Manager will be based at the MS TCDC training centre in Usa River, Arusha under the following terms and conditions:
The position is offered under MS TCDC's employment terms with a fixed term contract of two 12) years with the possibility of extension depending on the future programmatic focus and needs of MS TCDC A basic salary under MS TCDC's scheme of service - according to experience and education when relevant. Housing is provided on campus in Usa River, Arusha, A vibrant work erwironment with highly committed and professional people.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit your resume and an application clearly describing your motivation as well as your thoughts about the position to the following email [email protected] The application deadline is on 7th of January, 2022
Would you like to know more about the position? Please contact us at [email protected]
AADK/MS TCDC is an inclusive workplace which welcomes a diversity of people and ideas. As an equal opportunity employer AADK invite everybody with relevant qualifications, independently of any identity markers (such as race, skin color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, social or economic status or any other), to apply, AADK/MS TCDC does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. Any transgression in this regard should be addressed to [email protected]