Jobs at:Tetra Tech
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job no: 499400
Work type: Contract
Location: Tanzania, United Republic Of
Categories: Environment, Governance, Environmental
Tetra Tech is recruiting for an upcoming FCDO-funded tender in Tanzania called Productivity for Prosperity (P4P).
6 years (2021-27)
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
P4P is a sustainable economic transformation programme that will increase labour productivity and climate resilience in Tanzania’s job-creating sectors. It will achieve this through private sector development (investment facilitation, trade facilitation and building capabilities of firms) and business environment reform. P4P will initially prioritise the agro-processing and horticulture sectors and will provide flexile support to bolster the UK’s current and future prosperity objectives.
The programme is anticipated to implement three components of the programme: The Investment Ecosystem Facility, the Business Environment Advocacy Facility, and the Economic Diplomacy Fund.
We are looking for a qualified expert to be based full-time in Tanzania.
The Strategy Director will play a leadership role in the core team. They will:
• Provide overarching strategic leadership for P4P and ensure that all workstreams and activities contribute to a coherent, focused, and effective strategy.
• Oversee all workstreams and activities and be responsible for the successful delivery of P4P
• Act as FCDO’s primary contact point for all strategy and work stream discussions.
• Provide overall quality assurance of the technical deliverables, including quarterly reports to the donor, FCDO.
• Ensure that P4P aligns with the national priorities of the Government of Tanzania, its latest export and inward investment strategies and the wider donor work in the country and region.
• Develop and manage interventions, regular monitoring, learning and adaptation.
• Lead and manage project team.
• Track record of managing large PSD programmes for FCDO with demonstrated results/impact.
• Significant experience and technical understanding of private sector development and value chains including horticulture and agro-processing, investment, trade and export.
• Experience working with key players in the private sector, including DFIs and investment platforms.
• Relevant expertise in developing and communicating a clear strategic vision and overseeing its effective implementation.
• Understanding of market system approach and investment. Experience developing and managing a complex portfolio of diverse and interlinked economic development interventions; applying the principles of market systems development using evidence.
• Experience in strategic planning and technical leadership, e.g.: developing and updating work plans, setting targets for the programme, ensuring quality and on time delivery of activities.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team building skills across cultures.
• Experience in East or Southern Africa, preferably Tanzania.
Advertised: 04 Jan 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Applications close: 20 Jan 2022 E. Africa Standard Time
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://secure.dc2.pageuppeople.com/apply/680/gateway/default.aspx?c=apply&lJobID=499400&lJobSourceTypeID=812&sLanguage=en