Senior Manager; Shariah Compliance & Product Development
Jobs at:CRDB Bank Plc
Deadline of this Job:
07 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
CRDB JOB OPPORTUNITIES NOVEMBER, 2020
We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
Career Opportunities: Senior Manager; Shariah Compliance & Product Development ( .
• Design effective and efficient training programs to all employees under Islamic banking to ensure Shariah complaint services.
• Analyze available Islamic products and services in the market and to see how the bank can leverage on the same.
• To be the linking pin between Islamic Banking Unit with CRDB management, employees and other stakeholders in direct relate to Shariah compliance of the products & processes.
• Assist in the preparation of all Islamic Banking policy & other relevant papers, in line with internal and external stakeholders.
• Train relevant bank staff (e.g. front end business staff, credit, legal etc) in Shariah Banking and products characteristics and terms.
• Represent the Bank at internal and external forums on Shari’ah expertise matters, including meeting with bank customers when required.
• Monitor developments of Islamic finance products and competitor strategies, including preparation of quarterly report to the Shariah Advisory Board (SAB) & management on any critical issues or findings that needs reporting or new development.
• Ensure that the business has sufficient skills to enable the products to be efficiently implemented including documentation requirements, pricing dynamics and processing requirements.
• To keep up to date with the new Sharia requirements/decisions issued by the Sharia Advisory Board (SAB) and international body e.g. AAOIFI/OIC Fiqh Academy or any other credible and authentic sources. Using the resources as per applicability in the local market.
• Conducting assessment on Sharia compliance in all activities and operations of Islamic Banking business, with the objective of ensuring the activities and operations are carried out in line with Sharia rulings and requirements.
• To prepare and recommend product’s concept, documentations which comply with Sharia rules for seeking an approval from the management and Sharia Advisory Board (SAB).
• Responsible in inspiring and motivating business teams to work under the bank Shari’ah compliance values.
• Being pro-active to identify products issues and resolve them timely in proactive manner.
• Works closely with Head of Project-Islamic Banking and other relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Bachelor Degree in Business related field i.e. Finance, Accounting, Banking and Economics etc.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in banking, 5 being in managerial role and at least 3 years in Islamic Banking.
• Products knowledge and Innovation Mindset in Islamic Banking.
• Understanding of Islamic Banking in Tanzanian context.
• Islamic Credit Risk Assessment Strong analytical and Problem Solving.
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills (Ability to interact professionally with Directors, Managers and Clients).
• Competence skills in networking, teamwork and meetings/training management.
• Projects & Product development Management.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click her e