Qsst-Eacop- Site Pipeline Welding Engineer.
Jobs at:Q-Sourcing Tanzania Limited
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EACOP project includes a 1,445km 24” oil export pipeline, 8 above ground facilities, a green filed marine terminal with an export jetty and a serie of 60 main line block valves and +20 trace heating stations. 150km of feeder lines from Upstream facilities will tie-in to the EACOP project. The project contracting strategy entails 8 main packages to be executed through 15 different main Contracts. An EPcmC Contractor is in charge of Detailed Engineering, Procurement and construction management support interfacing with all other Contractors. EACOP direct personnel, including partners secondees will be more that 600 at peak periods during the execution phase of the project and up to 8,000 to 10,000 personnel, when including Contractors, expected to be mobilized across the various sites for construction activities. The pipeline project will be the largest privately led with Government participation transnational infrastructure project ever undertaken in the East African region. The context is complex with numerous stakeholders, environmental and societal / local content stakes, three partners, two involved countries new to oil development (Uganda and Tanzania), and the need for project development in accordance with IFC standards to secure the necessary financing.Working as part of the QA/QC Discipline as Site Pipeline Welding engineer for hydrocarbon projects. Candidate must have experience in large-scale projects in the upstream / downstream and pipelines.
• The Site Pipeline Welding Engineer will report directly to the EACOP Welding & Material Engineer and to the EACOP Corrosion Lead Engineer and will have the following responsibilities:
• Review of the Welding aspects of Pipeline Construction Contractor documentation packages.
• Perform Technical audits of Pipeline Construction Contractor systems for welding and associated processes.
• Develop and implement a WQMS (Welding Qualification Management Strategy) based on construction strategies and preferred approaches of Pipeline Construction Contractor; this will align with the onsite fabrication sequence of the Pipeline Construction Contractor and will outline the best approach to tackle welding qualification based on the applicable construction strategy and Pipeline Construction Contractor’s supplied data.
• Reviewing welding and NDT procedures with the NDE Specialist submitted by Pipeline Construction Contractor before WPQT commences.
• Support in providing clarification on Project Welding Specifications (including API 1104 and international codes and standards) requirements to the Pipeline Construction Contractor.
• Reviewing and approving Pipeline Construction Contractors’ welding and NDT (by delegation) personnel qualifications.
• Witness/Approve (and where necessary, advise on) Pipeline Construction Contractor Welding Procedures Qualification Testing and Welders Qualifications testing activities.
• Produce a RFI (Request for information) to send to the Pipeline Construction Contractor; highlighting required information from Pipeline Construction Contractor necessary to comply with the relevant welding spec and prerequisite for WQPTs.
• Reviewing/ approving results of Pipeline Construction Contractor welding procedures and NDT (by delegation) procedure qualification testing.
• Approving final WPSs upon satisfactory completion of the WPQT.
• Supervise /Witness Pipeline Construction Contractor’s welding operations on-site according to a surveillance and technical support hotline scheme.
• Outline duties for Pipeline welding inspectors.
• Activities Technical and Industry Experience
• Not limited to Pipeline expertise, may support if requested the Welding & Material Engineer and to the Corrosion Lead Engineer in the development of Piping (Tanks, Static & Rotating Equipment integration) & Structural welding and material management system.
• Failure management and review the root cause analysis and mitigation methodology provided by Pipeline Construction Contractor (where applicable).
• Liaising with counterparts in other Worley offices.
• Awareness and review of emerging codes and technologies.
• Effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision whilst maintaining the ability to deliver assigned projects on budget and on time.
• Ensures effective communication among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
• Participates in meetings with other members of the project team and Client representatives.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
• Should be able to add value plus/optimization ideas.
• Ability to travel to CPY CTR’s, Sub-CTR’s & Suppliers’ workshops.
Qualifications & Experience Required
• As minimum qualifications and certifications:
• Master’s Degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy (Chartered Engineer)
• Qualified European or International Welding Engineer
• Has proven experience in Pipelines Welding engineering and design as well as shop and field pipelines welding engineering activities in the Oil & Gas (8+ years)
• Good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering
• A thorough knowledge of applicable international codes and standards and major Company/Operators standards
• Ability to organize and set priorities
• Ability to communicate and present effectively
• Good communication skills with peers and customers
• Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: [email protected] not later than 10th August 2022