Full TimeTanzaniaPosted 4 hours ago
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall daily management of the Project including supervision of staff, planning, budgeting, implementation, and M&E. The specific responsibilities include.
- Ensuring that all program activities are developed and implemented in accordance with the organization’s guidelines.
- Supporting the planning and implementation of workshops, trainings, and conferences.
- Capacity building of partners in support of planned and ongoing project activities.
- Supporting the Program Manager in identifying funding opportunities and developing funding proposals.
- Development of programs and partnerships in the field of adult literacy, technical and vocational education, non-formal and community education, etc.
- In charge of mapping, networking and integration of program partners and ensure that all partners are informed about the organization’s working modalities.
- Prepare training materials, guidelines and manuals for institutional capacity building based on partners demands, materials and equipment’s needs.
- Ensure the creation of networks and forums for Alternative/Adult Education stakeholders in the country.
- Support the establishment of a functional Management Information System (MIS) for partners
- Development of Terms of Reference and other supporting documents for research studies, consultative processes and other activities of the organization and its partners.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual, and annual work plans of the program and grant activities according to the organization’s guidelines.
- Ensure that program activities are implemented or executed in accordance with the approved work plans.
- Ensure that transfer of funds to partners is done appropriately for proper grant management.
- Ensure that all allocated resources are effectively utilized for the intended purpose
- Ensure that annual work plan and budgets are developed in line with the organization’s planning and budgeting guideline.
- Tasked with capacity building of program/project staff and implementing partners through identification of capacity gaps and plan capacity building programs according to the program needs.
Project Implementation/Partner Support
- Support to governmental and non-governmental partners in the implementation of programs and activities carried out in cooperation.
- Liaising with partners, consultants and other individuals/organizations for the development and implementation of the organization’s programs/activities.
- Participating in program visits to projects/partners for the development and ongoing monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure partner review and reflection events are held on a regular basis for experience sharing and learning.
- Participation in meetings, workshops, trainings, etc., with partners and other organizations for the development, implementation and monitoring of activities.
- Ensure sustainability of program intervention through promoting mechanisms that promotes ownership and continuity.
- Compiling reports of meetings, workshops, trainings, etc.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with M& E unit to support program functions and ensure the utilization of M&E database as per agreed schedules
- Monitoring and evaluation of projects carried out by the organization in cooperation with M&E unit, using the developed tools.
- In charge of periodic technical backstopping to partners to ensure high quality program implementation.
- Conducting project reviews to track progress, and regularly assess project components, so as to measure achievements that can be effectively communicated to key stakeholders – including the Program Manager, Country Director, Regional Director, Board, Funders, and other constituents.
- In co-operation with the Finance personnel, monitor budgetary objectives, adjusting to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Design risk mitigation plan, optimizing and improving processes where necessary
- Overseeing project planning, monitoring project progress, and tracking project performance – ensuring all deadlines and short and long-term objectives are met.
- Overseeing and developing incoming and outgoing project documentation
Partnerships and Stakeholder Management
- Contribute to the development of proposals for various donors, managing the tender process from design to review
- Develop and manage co-operations and partnerships with non-governmental and governmental partners, providing advice to the Program Manager to the operationalization of those collaborations
- As requested, representing the Program Manager in meetings with partners and other organizations.
- As needed, representing the organization in diverse meetings with governmental and non-governmental partners.
- Maintain and effectively manage strategic partnerships and collaborate with implementing partners as per the signed agreements
- Master’s Degree in relevant field preferably in project management. Combination of Education/Social Science with some courses in international development and personnel management required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with INGOs in development, education, or related field.
- A track record of project and program management with results oriented, experience to work with WB, NORAD, LEGO Foundation, USAID, EU, DFID, and other relevant donors an added advantage.
- An understanding of the education sector in Tanzania, and ability to understand AEP from a needs and demand perspective.
- Strong English competency.
- Excellent analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Understanding of alternative/adult education and development issues in Tanzania, regionally, and globally
- Excellent understanding of project development, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Project experience of working with Civil Society and governmental partners
- Experience in conducting capacity development measures for different groups of stakeholders
- An effective public speaker, able to communicate to external Alternative/Adult education stakeholders and communicate a clear vision to motivate a small team to deliver that vision.
- Excellent, clear, and high-quality report writing, with an analytical mind and attention to detail.
- Able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to capture, report and communicate complex data and ideas.
- Confidence to ask for help from BRAC’s international teams and comfort with assessing mistakes and learning from them.
- Ability to work in a fast and complex environment with stakeholders from multiple cultural backgrounds and with different levels of skills and English language ability.
- Must be able to embrace cultural relativism and avoid subjective assessments to remain respectful and mindful of the value all stakeholders have to offer at all times.