VSO is the world’s leading international development organization that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organizations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lifting themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead, we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Provide management, coordination, and direction to the Improving Children’s Learning and Participation (ICLP III) project. This includes volunteer recruitment and management; managing human resource, implementing partners and stakeholders relationships; project deliverables; financial management, reporting, and networking, Provide technical assistance and oversight of key processes related to inclusion and safeguarding, If you are passionate about making a difference for marginalized Children’s and giving them a voice, this is your job!
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Education or other equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience of managing education projects with a particular focus on primary education, school management, and child-centered teaching methodologies among teachers.
- Demonstrated experience of applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level.
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
- Proven experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring, and managing expenditure
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate others within a team
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating projects
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate (Microsoft packages)
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
- Practical experience gained within a volunteering NGO context in Education and Youth Project
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
Experience and knowledge of project location
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open-minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
Ability to seek and share knowledge
NOTE: This Position is open to Nationals of Tanzania Only.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.