Program Officer – Zanzibar
Jobs at:Search for Common Ground
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Officer – Zanzibar
Zanzibar, Tanzania /
Programs – Africa – Central & East /
Full Time – Local
Responsible in coordinating and implementing country office programs, develops capacity among affiliate partners in program implementation, management, evaluation and promotes networking with program stakeholders .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible in the implementation of organization’s strategic plans by conducting research, identifying potential programs, and development of partnerships to ensure participation in program activities
• Coordinates with affiliate staff to establish clear work plans, implement and monitor the implementation of key project activities, including establishing and conducting community advisory councils
• Facilitate some of the project’s key community activities
• Support staff and affiliate partners in aligning programs with goals and objectives, also follows-up on work plans, deliverables and reporting by affiliate partners
• Provide on-site visits to program affiliate partners and beneficiaries to monitor progress, assess program effectiveness and recommend program modification
• Provides documentation and status reports for donor requirements
• Collaborate with Search’s Design, Monitoring and Evaluation Teams to establish and effectively use monitoring tools to capture our project’s results and lessons
• Contributes to communication efforts around the project’s results, including by collecting stories, contributing to communications’ campaigns led by Search headquarters, provide updates for Search’s website and social media
• Liaises with other peace focused organizations for the development of best practices
Skills & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Social Work or relevant human services discipline, or equivalent relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 5+ years’ experience in working in the human service or social services and/or with a non-profit organization
• Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Demonstrated experience with the design, implementation, management and evaluation of programs
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
• Good oral/written communication and organizational skills
• Must be able to travel to program locations
• Proficiency in kiswahili, experience working and living in Zanzibar required
• Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
• Flexibility: The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
• Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
• Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
• Leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
• Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
• Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
• Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
• Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization's strategic plan.
• Developing others (for people manager): The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.
Other Requirements & Deadline
• This position is open to residents of Zanzibar only and a salary of between USD 500 – 600
• Deadline for Application is 31st December 2020.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website http://www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassmzent, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Education Requirements: 5+ years
Job application procedure
Click here to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/3bd323ea-e38f-4378-8465-3771f51debb4?utm_source=Ajiraleo.com