Program Assistant – Unguja
Jobs at:Search for Common Ground
Deadline of this Job:
31 December 2020
Within Tanzania , Unguja , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Program Assistant – Unguja
Zanzibar, Tanzania /
Programs – Africa – Central & East /
Full Time – Local
The Program Assistant will be to support day-to-day implementation and monitoring of its program activities in those counties. Based in Unguja the Program Assistant will support the implementation of program activities, liaising with relevant partners and key stakeholders in the different project locations, collect monitoring data to inform programming, as well as prepare activity reports. This position requires regular travel to project locations to maintain regular contact with key local stakeholders and ensure a smooth implementation and monitoring of program activities .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with project management tasks, including the development and implementation of work plans.
• Assist in ensuring progress on all activities, including research activities, liaising with key local stakeholders and project partners.
• Assist in ensuring progress on all activities, liaising with key local stakeholders and project partners in Zanzibar and taking the lead on the implementation of certain activities, as per the work plans established with the Program Officer.
• Assist with the management of sub-grantees, helping them to keep updated work plans and ensuring a smooth implementation and monitoring of their deliverables, as well as timely and quality reporting.
• Prepare activity reports for the projects and assist in the preparation of quarterly narrative reporting for donors, in compliance with SFCG and donor requirements.
• Participate in the development of a strong monitoring system and tools for the project and conduct regular monitoring of project activities to collect accurate and useful data that inform programming.
• Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) efforts, working with the Program officer, SFCG’s DM&E officer and local partners to ensure compliance and document progresses towards the project’s (un-)intended results.
• Participate in reflection meetings with program and DME staff to analyze monitoring findings and contextual updates and adapt programmatic approaches to maximize project’s results.
• Assist with communication and visibility aspects of the Zanzibar program, through written material, photos, the collection of success stories, updated website, social media and traditional media.
• Assist in drafting contract agreements with consultants, experts or any contractors as needed for the projects.
• Support the administrative and logistical arrangements for the implementation of program activities.
• Assist the Program Officer with other tasks as needed.
Skills & Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, conflict resolution, project management or related field.
• Report writing skills
• Research skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• At least one (1) year of INGO or CSO experience in project implementation or management
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience working with partners and networks.
• Experience with monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong and proven ability in report writing, in English.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as social media platforms.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation and effective communication with a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to maintain professionalism, creativity, and enthusiasm while working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with minimal supervision.
• Cultural sensitivity and strong interest in dialogue, peacebuilding and conflict transformation.
• Written and oral proficiency in English and Swahili.
• Willingness to travel to remote areas.
• Experience working and living in Unguja required
• Working with People: The ability to respect the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy, listens, supports; consults others and shares information and expertise, builds team spirit and adapts to the team.
• Flexibility : The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, to tolerate ambiguity, to adapt personal style to different people and situations.
• Drive for Results and Efficiency: The ability to set quality standards, monitor and maintain quality of work, and set goals to achieve continuous improvement.
• Relationship Management: The ability to manage interactions, to provide service and to support the organization while building an effective internal and external network.
• Consultation (for managers and up): The ability to provide guidance to organizational stakeholders while applying creative problem-solving to address business needs.
• Leadership and Navigation: The ability to manage and contribute to initiatives and processes within the organization while making progress toward change and continuous improvement.
• Communication: The ability to effectively exchange information with others, to effectively deliver critical information, to gather information and communicate with others.
• Global and Cultural Effectiveness: The ability to value and consider the perspectives and backgrounds of all parties and be able to work cross-culturally.
• Ethical Practice: The ability to integrate Search vision, mission and core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices.
• Critical Evaluation (for managers and up): The ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations based on keen analysis, best practices and an understanding of preferred outcomes.
• Business Acumen: The ability to understand and apply information to contribute to the organization's strategic plan.
• Developing others (for people manager): The ability to provide support to enhance performance and professional growth.
Other Requirements & Deadline
• This position is open to residents of Zanzibar only and a salary of between USD 500 – 600
• Deadline for Application is 31st December 2020.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website http://www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Shared Humanity – Empathy – Impartiality – Inclusivity – Courage – Hope – Humility – Audacity. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Education Requirements: 1 year
Job application procedure
Click here to Apply: https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/e2aab398-4f3f-4536-9c98-ecb95647148e