Humble beginnings fuelled by burgeoning aspirations led to the inception of Barrick Group’s first commercial venture in 2003 – a general trading company solely specialising in food and consumable products for the UAE and African markets.
A move that set the prologue to the Group’s success story. As the Middle Eastern and African markets continued underlining their presence on the global map, our business continued growing in parallel. Our traded volumes in 2014 alone were approx. 6600 containers of perishable and non-perishable items to our vast network of traders, partners and clients across the region.
Today, Barrick Group is further enriched through diversity, as our commercial ventures now encompass F&B, Retail and HORECA Brand Management & Distribution, Food Commodities Trading, Consulting, and Light Manufacturing. While the GCC remains our niche, our scale of operations have also expanded to cover our home base in Canada.
From start-up to now, our journey has crossed numerous milestones, including becoming financially self-sufficient. This sustainability has enabled us to grow without any financial liabilities, a remarkable accomplishment in today’s times.
Barrick Group in Tanzania is looking for experienced professionals in the following discipline to join our dynamic group so as to launch our operations in which our offices will be opened in Dar es salaam, Mwanza, Arusha and Dodoma, also we have built factories which are in final stage located at kibaha, Pwani region which will be responsible for manufacturing of various products for local and international market across East Africa.
PROCUREMENT OFFICER (4 Post)
Reports to Procurement Manager
We are looking for an astute Procurement Officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records. To be successful as a Procurement Officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top Procurement Officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards. Also the positions involves
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures. Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Degree in procurement, accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a Procurement Officer or in a similar positionn will be added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.
Salary: Competitive package will be offered for qualified candidate.
- Barrick group has no recruitment agent, all applications should be sent within 14 days, starting on 23 th March 2021 and deadline for application will be on 5 th April 2021 at 5:30pm
- All applicants should mention the position they are applying on subject space of the email
- All interested and qualified Tanzanian should send their applications letter and curriculum vitae only to our email below; [email protected]
- And all applications should be addressed to