Jobs at:Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga (ESIS)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga (ESIS), a private Technical Institute registered by NACTE in March 2014 (REG/EOS/041) is looking for a highly motivated individual to take the position of PRINCIPAL with immediate effect.
Title of the Post: Principal
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Terms of Service: Two (2) years contract renewable
Qualification and Experience:
Holder of PhD in Geosciences from a recognized University with at least 5 years’ work experience as a Tutor, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or a Professor at Technical Institutions. A candidate who has worked in the Mining Industry at any capacity for at least 3 years will have an added advantage of consideration. A holder of Master’s degree in geology or geo-sciences from a recognized institution with proven tract-record of holding successfully high-level administrative positions in the mining industry or in the government with at least 4 peer-reviewed article publications can be considered for the post. Must be computer literate with good command in English language.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Shall be the CEO and Chief Accounting Officer of ESIS and shall be responsible to the Board of Directors;
• Shall be the Chief Liaison Officer of ESIS to the public in Tanzania and abroad and shall therefore strive to keep the image of ESIS positive at all times;
• Shall establish and maintain a proper administration of the Institute in accordance with policy laid down by the Board of Directors;
• Shall develop, recommend and advise the Board of Directors on academics, infrastructure, human resources and other strategic matters that lead to ESIS competitive advantages;
• Shall be responsible for promoting efficiency in the training of both short – and long-term courses, research, consultancy and publications;
• Shall emphasize, promote and supervise competitions at individual levels, groups among staff and students of high-quality innovations, discoveries and creativity at ESIS;
• Shall make sure funds for constructing and renovating ESIS premises are available through quality proposal writing, consultancy services and through other sources;
• Shall organize and direct staffing, compensation, staff development and staff relations in accordance with policies and guidance given by the Board of Directors;
• Shall enforce all by-laws and regulations made by the Board of Directors;
• Shall be the Secretary to the Board of Directors and
• Effective Leader, Assertive and influential, Customer focused, Confident, Reliable, Well organized, Safety conscious, Results driven, Proactive, Flexibility, Accuracy, and Team player.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Prospective candidates are invited to submit applications together with copies of their certificates, transcripts, CVs, motivation letters with e-mail address, a reliable postal address and telephone numbers; both mobile and landline, copies of relevant certificates/testimonials/transcripts and email addresses of three (3) referees to the following:-
Earth Sciences Institute of Shinyanga Ltd,
P. O. Box 1026, SHINYANGA.
Or by email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: Until when position is filled