Policy & Governance Adviser Volunteer
Deadline of this Job:
13 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. As a VSO volunteer you’ll live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. By sharing your unique skills and experience you’ll help generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities you work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us as a VSO volunteer and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty. .
The ideal candidate for this post is skilled in networking within government or semi-government bodies and support them in structuring processes, strategic planning, and budgeting and strategy implementation. Next to this, you will be interpreting and reviewing relevant policies, evaluating options and making recommendations for new policies. Extra tasks might consist of proactively participating in organising topical policy dialogues with Youth, local partners, sectoral stakeholders, or the government. If you have excellent skills in policy and Governance, reviewing current policies, advising and providing support to improve local Government processes and planning, this is your job!
Job Skills: Not Specified
Skills, qualifications and experience
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in development studies, political sciences, public management or other related business studies;
• 3-4 years of Experience in Organization Development, Policy and Governance, working with Government Institutions etc
• Ability to quickly analyse Tanzanian development sector and governance mechanisms;
• Proven experience in training and development of staff ensuring continuous learning;
• Proven track record in planning, developing and implementing organisational structures and sustainable improvements;
• Strong communication, documentation, report writing and presentation skills including excellent written and spoken English;
• Experience with ongoing advocacy initiatives in different development sectors in Tanzania or other developing countries.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://www.vsointernational.org/volunteering/professional/jobs/policy-governance-adviser-a0m3z00000di9mmaat