Organization Program Officer
Jobs at:Mimutie Women Organization (MWO)
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization Program Officer
Mimutie Women Organization (MWO) expects to strengthen the capacity of women in northern Tanzania to support women and children from vulnerable communities to be involved into different levels of education and human rights. MWO intend to recruit a Program Officer to coordinate all organizational programs and strengthening initiatives of women and children’s at the grassroots. The Program Officer will be based at MWO office in Arusha but with a lot of travel to our partners and beneficiaries across northern Tanzania.
• Working closely with the Executive Director, build and maintain partnerships and relationships with program partners, such as non-profits, donors and community organizations, in order to expand resources, raise funding and educate the public about organizational work.
• Participate in the development of project Implementation Plan, training and other various standard operational procedures (SoP).
• Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans, program initiatives and budget development including coordination and operationalization of project result framework.
• Support effective project management, coordination and provide support to partners on the project implementation procedure, data management and effective financial management.
• Provide support as needed, the preparation and timely submission of detailed reports to the partners on project activities on a quarterly and annual basis in compliance with project requirements.
• Support the development of annual, quarterly donor and government report writing including management and updates.
• Participate in project monitoring and supportive supervision to partners, project sites and communities.
• Support, as needed, the mobilization of private partners’ support for activities.
• Assist in collection of data to inform and support Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research related activities.
• Represent the MWO at various meetings, technical working groups and relevant forums.
• In collaboration with Volunteers team and donors, manage and produce program content for program website and activities as required.
• Provide support to all programme activities for the organization as will be directed by Executive Director.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Law or related field
• Minimum of 3 years professional work experience on donor funded project will be preferred and an added advantage
• Demonstrate experience and technical expertise in project management and coordination.
• Demonstrated project management experience including budget development, event planning, coordinating multiple partners and stakeholders.
• Demonstrate experience and interest in working with rural communities, especially pastoralist communities.
• Demonstrated strength and experience in writing technical reports
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; fluency in English language is essential
• Excellent, planning, analytical, networking, writing and verbal communication skills.
• Strong critical thinking skills, ability to solve problems and resourcefulness
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
• Strong computer skill in MS Office Suite is required • Understand cultural, gender, children’s rights, race and age sensitivity and adaptability of states (Tanzania).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Application Closing Date. 10th August, 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Mimutie Women Organization (MWO) will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.