Operator- Equipment (Gold Room)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
02 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of this role is to run Gold Room circuit per GGM safe operating procedures, expected to achieve the company targets set by the snr supervisor, Gold Room operator is required to carry out inspections on the tools and equipment usage and report Hazards and unsafe condition to your Snr Supervisor. Gold Room Operator is required to assist in cleaning & calcination of Cathodes. Smelting, Boxing and Bullion Shipment and maintaining high standard of housekeeping to minimize risks. The Gold Room operator is under the supervision of the Gold Room Senior Supervisor who reports directly to the senior supervisor.
• High school certificate or Diploma in Mineral Processing Engineering
• Previous Gold room, gravity recovery and gold processing plant operational experience for a minimum of 5 years
• Knowledge of Metallurgical processes and how the various units of the circuit operate
Main or key Accountabilities:
• Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviors are always adhered to.
• Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
• Attending compulsory safety courses and meetings adhering to all safety standards.
• To ensure accuracy in equipment operation, including electro winning cells, filters, smelting furnace and calcine ovens.
• Participating in both crucible/smelting pot inspection and change out.
• Charging wet concentrate into and removing dry concentrate from calcine ovens before and after drying.
• Take part in both bullion boxing and gold shipment processes with high efficiency of performance.
• Ensure calibration of weighing balances and services are performed with high priority as per schedule.
• Ensure all gold room reagents and other consumables are arranged and stored properly with their respective labels as required.
• Preparing fluxes in a good ratio as instructed by gold room supervisor.
• Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees wherever directed
• Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration.
• Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
• To take part in the gold shipment process whitherever required to do so.
• Clean criminal record or any other security incident
• Ability to maintain and keep confidential all gold room information, including schedules activities, equipment layout, building layout, gold information and passwords.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
• Ability to complete repetitive tasks at a consistently high standard.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://www.geitamine.com/