National Technical Adviser (3 days a week)
Jobs at:Tanzania Cheshire Foundation’s (TCF)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Shinyanga , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to: Global IE Programmes Manager (There will be a matrix working relationship with the Programmes Technical Lead IE, LC)
Department: Global Influencing and Programmes (GIAP)
Location: Shinyanga (preferred) or Mwanza, Tanzania
Purpose of the job
• In partnership between TCF and LC, the National Technical Adviser will lead our consortia partners in Tanzania by providing high level technical disability and inclusion expertise and guidance through capacity building and technical support.
• Ensuring quality of interventions in line with approved plans and budgets and demonstrating innovative approaches to inclusive education for persons with disability.
• Representing Leonard Cheshire at national and regional platforms on inclusive education for persons with disabilities and engaging in strategic education alliances and networks for the same.
• Mobilize the delivery of technical disability inclusion input and guidance, working with consortium members, OPDs, CSOs, teachers and other stakeholders in Tanzania.
• Make key decisions in relation to the programme implementation and offer solutions to problems that arise during the implementation.
• Build capacities of key stakeholders in disability and inclusion through bespoke training, coaching and mentoring.
• Provide guidance to key stakeholders to ensure that children with disabilities, their families and OPDs are consulted and actively participating in decision making processes.
• Support partners to identify barriers to education of children with disabilities and to strategize and implement solutions.
• Lead on developing guidance notes on the theme of inclusive education sector in Tanzania.
• Provide ongoing support to consortium members and other stakeholders including advising on adequate monitoring and evaluation methodologies for Inclusive Education.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
• Lead on sharing best practice and learning related to inclusive education for pre-school children with disabilities with key stakeholders.
• Support on baseline and evaluation processes as necessary.
• Work closely with project partners to identify and generate evidence of effective interventions that have potential for scale-up.
• Ensure the programme is implemented and evaluated in a consultative and participative manner.
• Ensure that safeguarding measures are in place in line with the standards of the organisation.
• Compile and share lessons and profiles/stories of change.
Networking, Communication and Others
• Build relationships with consortium partners, stakeholders and like-minded INGOs/national NGOs in Tanzania and the region.
• Participate in and represent LC at relevant education and disability fora and networks and engage in provincial and national alliances.
• Link up with other LC inclusive education work in-country and internationally and share the development of new initiatives on education empowerment in the ENARO region.
• Identify and/or develop appropriate resources and communication materials on inclusive education, particularly those relating to pre-school children with disabilities.
• Undertake any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the organisation at large.
Adhere to our Code of Conduct, safeguarding policies, and procedures, reporting all breaches.
• Educated to at least Masters level in a related discipline
• Extensive experience of providing technical guidance and input on disability inclusive education within large, multi-country programmes.
• Knowledge of working or supporting education programmes. Experience of working in the field of Inclusive Education is an advantage.
• Proven experience of delivering disability programming in a global/regional context at a senior level.
• Experience of training, capacity building and organisational development of a variety of stakeholders. • Proven experience of developing accessible training materials and sessions processes
• Experience in applying safeguarding measures and protocols
• Experience of designing monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Experience of managing statutory and other donor contracts and budgets.
• Ability to periodically travel as needed in Tanzania.
• Commitment to LC work, mission and values.
• Experience of working with OPDs and/or local governmental and nongovernmental structures
• Lived experience of disability and activism in the disability sector.
• Previous experience of matrix relationships and remote line management.
Key competencies & skills
• Excellent communication (written & spoken) and senior level relationship building skills
• Good working knowledge of local languages and basic proficiency in Sign Language will be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, both internally and within the consortium, under leadership and guidance
• Ability to be proactive, work flexibly and think creatively
• High level technical skills in Microsoft office as well any other software packages
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.leonardcheshire.org/jobs/vacancy/national-technical-adviser--08825-tanzania/8845/description/